Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 17 ultimate crashes upon starting
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I am currently using PD 365 but wish to install my PD17 ultimate as well. Upon starting the PD17 installation (in any mode) the program crashes. It shuts down and shows me the 'oops it crashed screen'.
Any idea how I might remedy this situation please?
Thanks, Barry
Things I have tried: running as adminstrator and changing compatibility mode to windows 7 and windows 8. Do you think uninstalling 365, then running PD17 and reinstalling 365 might be necessary. I would think they should coexist. I am using windows 10.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2022 18:41

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like a driver issue, and there shouldn't be any reason to uninstall 365. I have PD13, 14, 17 and 365 installed on my desktop, for example. Make sure you have the latest video driver installed, and maybe force a clean driver installation and run the system check commands as described in this post.

Also, no reason to set the compatibility mode to anything as Win10 was in use when PD17 came out.

Maybe try uninstalling PD17 then installing it as an Admin (right click on the installer and choose that option). You may also have a corrupted user account, and creating a new test account will let you see if that's the issue.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks optodata;
I did everything you suggested with no satisfaction. I did send a request to Cyberlink support telling them everything I have tried (including what you suggested). Hopefully they can sort it out.
Barry
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think that's the best option at this point. Please post back with the solution if they're able to get you up and running again!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
bjtap1,

Title appears to indicate issue upon starting PD17 but post body appears to address installation of PD17. If installation, I serious doubt any drivers at play for that issue.

I assume you are installing from your original downloaded files that are similar to CyberLinkPowerDirectorUltimate17_0xxxxxxx.part1.exe and associated other ****.partX.rar files? Do you have all the parts? If that's the case, I'd probably look at your anti-virus software since you indicate the installation crashes immediately.

Jeff
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote bjtap1,

Title appears to indicate issue upon starting PD17 but post body appears to address installation of PD17. If installation, I serious doubt any drivers at play for that issue.

I assume you are installing from your original downloaded files that are similar to CyberLinkPowerDirectorUltimate17_0xxxxxxx.part1.exe and associated other ****.partX.rar files? Do you have all the parts? If that's the case, I'd probably look at your anti-virus software since you indicate the installation crashes immediately.

Jeff

JL_JL
Thaks for replying. This does not appear to be an instalation problem as it appears to install well.
Cyberlink has sent me an url to redownload version 17 with all the accomying files so I am in the process now of downloading and reinstalling. Hopefully that will rememdy the situation. I will post back here the reults.
Barry
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote JL_JL
Thaks for replying. This does not appear to be an instalation problem as it appears to install well.
Cyberlink has sent me an url to redownload version 17 with all the accomying files so I am in the process now of downloading and reinstalling. Hopefully that will rememdy the situation. I will post back here the reults.
Barry

Make sure you have patched to at least 2727 after your install. That patch had a critical fix to correct a crash that occurs on application launch. Hopefully CL provided current release install files. My confusing was OP wording, "Upon starting the PD17 installation (in any mode) the program crashes." I assumed installation meant starting the PD17 installation, not simply launching the installed application.

Jeff
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Solution???
After having no luck reinstalling with the new download files support told me it was a newblue .dll file and suggest I delete all newbluje file and reinstall PD17. I did that and still the same problem.
My 'solution'. I reinstalled windows 10. That seems to have 'solved' the problem.
Thanks to those who chimed in here.
Barry