Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update Policy
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have PD17. If I update to PD19 (Ultimate in both cases) would I be entitled to a free update to PD20 Ultimate when it comes out later this month?
Thanks,
Barry
To be clear I am not talking about 365 subscription but outright purchase.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2021 18:44

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I currently have PD17. If I update to PD19 (Ultimate in both cases) would I be entitled to a free update to PD20 Ultimate when it comes out later this month?
Thanks,
Barry

Based on past releases with perpetual licensing, no, you are not updated to a new release even though you just bought the product. You would need to pay again to update. Also keep in mind CL typically only offers upgrade availability to 2 versions, so 17-18 can upgrade to 19, 18-19 can upgrade to 20.

The above just based on past release characteristics and does not represent what CL may do, for that you would have to contact CL directly.

Jeff
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]

Based on past releases with perpetual licensing, no, you are not updated to a new release even though you just bought the product. You would need to pay again to update. Also keep in mind CL typically only offers upgrade availability to 2 versions, so 17-18 can upgrade to 19, 18-19 can upgrade to 20.

The above just based on past release characteristics and does not represent what CL may do, for that you would have to contact CL directly.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.