Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
muchass gratus!
Using the extended timeline for accuracy to set timeline start and end markers and then shrinking timeline so as to see both start and end time markers and then using the yellow/orange selection then cut or whatever seems to be the best option.

Thank you All
Thank you.. OK I see how you can use mouse to select arae but this would limit to the amout of the timeline that is visible and although one can alter the scope of the time having it to tight ( so as to select more) would prevent accuraacy in selecting the exact points wanting to copy.
I have a project on the timeline of 55 mins. I wish to split this into 4 different projects. In priciple I'll keep the Master and then delete what I don't want and then save . I'll then reload maser and repeat for other 3 projects.

However the actual cutting and pasting is proving irksome. Currently Currently I have been cutting and pasting from points say A to B but having to do it for each trk. Ideally I want to be able to select fro ma given point on the timeline and by holding the shift move to the last selected image on the timeline BUT wish All data on all the tracks to be included, is this possible?.
Sorry I used the wrong wording .When I mentioned locking I did not mean the TRK lock I should have said the Link and Unlink options on the right click..

I'm happy that the LOCKING of trks prevents any action but I would have thought the the LINK or UNLINK would prevent the video/sound becoming unsynced. this clearly is NOT the Case.

So is it better to group them and will this prevent them from becoming out of sync?
Sometimes after I have inserted images/videos etc or inserted on music track I notice that some of the videos in the timeline and the associated sound trk are out of sync. I would have thought that with the Sound & Video being locked they could not be put out of sync but this does not seem to be the case. I then have to go through all videos on the timeline unlock then readjust so to bring them in sync and then lock again. Is there any way to prevent them from ever becoming unsynchronised.

Also is there any difference between locking and grouping a video and its associated sound?
In fact it is not the latest version of Studio it was rel 14 which I have been using for the past few years. In fact it was because the upgrade to the latest Studio was more costly then going for PD111 that I opted for PD and am now on a steep learning curve....
The attached shows the first part of a screen shot of the Studio Text View
I suspect the answer is no but just seeking clarification about the options for displaying the project.
I assume there are only the two views viz: Storyboard and Timeline and there is no Text View as there is in Pinnacle Studio
In fact when I checked the folder the last autosave was 55 mins previous. so there should have been several saved files
While working on a project PD11 crashed. Often if this happens when I next load it indicates there may be a file it can recover. (I assume this is the auto save file.)

On this occasion I did not get such a msg and on checking my autosave folder I saw it had not been saving and the last time was when I manually save . I have the preference set for for 15 mins.

Any reason or setting that I am missing.. any ideas. why it should stop auto saving
I have created 4 Projects. I then started a new, say Final project but did not place anything on the timeline but selected Create Disc and added these four Projects/Titles and designed a Menu system (after much help from members of the forum -- CL Menu design and concept sure needs some improvements).

If I then load and edit any of these 4 Projects do I have to redo the Final Project again and add all four and redo the menu etc. OR when I load the Final Project would any updating be automatically taken care of.

As an aside I noticed that when I did create this Final Project (after adding the 4 Titles/Projects) there was only one project shown on the timeline and this could be any one of the 4 and was not consistent ... any reason for this.
PD 11 Deluxe
Many thanks.... I knew it was a title and just could not see it. I was unaware that any downloads that did not match the project AR were not displayed. As soon as I changed the AR there it was...Again thanks
I know this sounds stupid but I have just downloaded a special effects from DZ followed procedure and received msg saying now available for use.

Where in PD11 would I find the object to place on timeline
All sorted many thanks

delay in not knowing whether to paste feedback on star system(which I understand is corrupt.
Thank you Carl312..By just having the map (with red route) image in Trk 1 and image of a car in Trk 2 I got it to go.

I didn't know how to create an image of just the red line route as in softdeko's video. However I have another problem I cannot fathom out. In my initial post on how I produced the effect without using the PIP designer, which works albeit time consuming. I was for each title where I move the vehicle along I was able to rotate the car image so as the car "traveled and followed the road curvature and in some titles I changed to the mirror image of the car for when the road direction change otherwise at time it seemed as though the car was almost upside down!!. I enjoyed using the PIP designer but because I was not able to rotate the image which remained in the same orientation as it "traveled" at times it was moving sideways along the road (if you grasp what I am trying to say).

1. Is it possible to change the rotation to follow the road curvature etc.

2. Also with my map image having the red road on the map and not on a separate trk it showed all the time and only the car moved and not the red route line did in the video by softdedko. How can I fix this
It has been some time since you replied to me and I have been playing around and watched your video several times. I've got the idea and although my method (that I explained in original post) achieved the result but using the pip designer is smoother and quicker to set up.
However the route I have is a .jpg of the red route and did not move along as your did. It may not be anything within PD but you simply say I have a bus, I have a route and I have a map. I cannot work out how to get the moving red line route to be placed on a video track.
I ensured that each of the image photos fitted into the TV safe 'dotted area' in the preview screen and maintained the Aspect ratio (although for the odd image which was scenery etc. I set it to be larger then the dotted area knowing that if it was lost on TV playback it would not really matter. However, when playing through the movie with the preview area unlocked and made larger than needed I noticed any video clips were taking up the max area and where a little larger than the 'dotted area'.

Would this extra size beyond the dotted area be lost on TV watching OR if not can I increase the size of my images to take the same area as the movie.
If yes is there a speedy way of achieving this other than doing each image one by one.
Ignore this posting ==sorted
Mistake
Thanks Jeff for patience with a 71 year old. It is as I thought.

What do you think of my solution to have a 5th. .pds file(which would be all other 4 sections on the timeline as a single one chapter TITLE and importing as a 5th. option in the Create Disc process with a 5th. button on the Title/chapters menu. Would it work?

As you say I could always PRODUCE (the PD option) 4 AVI( or other format files - what would you recommend) then input into my previous video editing software Pinnacle Studio the copy all four and paste onto the timeline at the end and then create a Menu system as I have done on many DVD's. albeit the Menus are not as fancy as offered in PD. Do you think I would lose any quality using this technique
Go to: