Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Sound out of sync
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes after I have inserted images/videos etc or inserted on music track I notice that some of the videos in the timeline and the associated sound trk are out of sync. I would have thought that with the Sound & Video being locked they could not be put out of sync but this does not seem to be the case. I then have to go through all videos on the timeline unlock then readjust so to bring them in sync and then lock again. Is there any way to prevent them from ever becoming unsynchronised.

Also is there any difference between locking and grouping a video and its associated sound? Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Grouping the sound to video keep them as One...locking either one or the other they are independent so the locked track moves unlocked track doesn't. In your case if the video and audio tracks are not grouped then inserting video moves video track but not sound track or vise versa.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2012 19:39

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry I used the wrong wording .When I mentioned locking I did not mean the TRK lock I should have said the Link and Unlink options on the right click..

I'm happy that the LOCKING of trks prevents any action but I would have thought the the LINK or UNLINK would prevent the video/sound becoming unsynced. this clearly is NOT the Case.

So is it better to group them and will this prevent them from becoming out of sync? Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Yes keep the video and audio grouped, this keeps them in sink.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!