Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I have created 4 Projects. I then started a new, say Final project but did not place anything on the timeline but selected Create Disc and added these four Projects/Titles and designed a Menu system (after much help from members of the forum -- CL Menu design and concept sure needs some improvements).

If I then load and edit any of these 4 Projects do I have to redo the Final Project again and add all four and redo the menu etc. OR when I load the Final Project would any updating be automatically taken care of.

As an aside I noticed that when I did create this Final Project (after adding the 4 Titles/Projects) there was only one project shown on the timeline and this could be any one of the 4 and was not consistent ... any reason for this. Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
1. The videos that you select in the Create Disc window will be updated IF you do not change the name or location of that file.
2. The menu will also remain unchanged as long as everything else remains the same in name and location.
3. The last item you mention is normal and it's just the way PD handles the disc creation. Win 10, i7
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If I then load and edit any of these 4 Projects do I have to redo the Final Project again and add all four and redo the menu etc. OR when I load the Final Project would any updating be automatically taken care of.

Say you have your 4 pds projects that you loaded into the create disc module, pds1, pds2, pds3 and pds4. If I chose to save my project, PD will ask for a new project name, say one gives it pds1_4. This new project pds1_4 contains ALL of pds1, pds2, pds3 and pds4, instruction sets, it does NOT contain simple pointers to pds1, pds2 and so on. So, if you quit PD and load up project pds1 and make some changes save and exit. Load up PD again with pds1_4 it WILL NOT reflect any changes you made to pds1, you would need to add pds1 to the create disc module again and remove the original pds1.

Quote: As an aside I noticed that when I did create this Final Project (after adding the 4 Titles/Projects) there was only one project shown on the timeline and this could be any one of the 4 and was not consistent ... any reason for this.

Only one project can be on the timeline at any one time. When one has pds1_4 as the working project in PD, in the create disc module say you select title 2 (my pds2 embedded project) from the content tab this will be in the timeline and you can make editing changes. When you save, these changes are saved in pds1_4 and your original pds2 is unchanged. Likewise, one can go to create disc content tab and select title 3 (my pds3 embedded project) and edit this. It will then be on the timeline. What remains on the timeline the next time you load the project is dependant on where you left it. If title 2 was active in the timeline when you last saved pds1_4, title 2 will be active in the timeline when you reload the project. You can always go to create disc module content tab and select which ever title you need to edit.

In summary, you can edit all 4 projects within the pds1_4 combined project. The pds1_4 project has embedded in it the contents of the 4 pds projects that were loaded. It does not alter any of the original projects nor will it auto update if you modify one of the original pds projects independently.

As a side note, if you start a new empty project, say pds5 and in the create disc module add project pds1_4 you will see that you have loaded 4 titles as you should, they are all contained in pds1_4 even if you delete pds1, pds2, pds3, pds4 but left all the video content in its original place.

Jeff