Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Splitting a project
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project on the timeline of 55 mins. I wish to split this into 4 different projects. In priciple I'll keep the Master and then delete what I don't want and then save . I'll then reload maser and repeat for other 3 projects.

However the actual cutting and pasting is proving irksome. Currently Currently I have been cutting and pasting from points say A to B but having to do it for each trk. Ideally I want to be able to select fro ma given point on the timeline and by holding the shift move to the last selected image on the timeline BUT wish All data on all the tracks to be included, is this possible?. Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Not unless they just changed it. I'll go check and see what I can find, but I don't have much hope for that. I do know that you can now split all tracks at the same point at the same time, but I think copying is still one track at a time. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I stand corrected, with one minor difference. You can select more than one track, but use the control key and click on each clip on each track. A little more work, but less than doing it one track at a time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2012 00:01

Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I select all my tracks with my mouse. Just click and drag a bounding box around what you want to copy or move. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Oldshep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you.. OK I see how you can use mouse to select arae but this would limit to the amout of the timeline that is visible and although one can alter the scope of the time having it to tight ( so as to select more) would prevent accuraacy in selecting the exact points wanting to copy. Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Can't you use the orange in and out markers to indicate the range? Then you can click the "Copy" or "Cut" or "Remove" buttons that will appear above the timeline after setting one of those markers. That affects all tracks. You don't have to select by lassoing or clicking on clips. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Can't you use the orange in and out markers to indicate the range? Then you can click the "Copy" or "Cut" or "Remove" buttons that will appear above the timeline after setting one of those markers. That affects all tracks. You don't have to select by lassoing or clicking on clips.

The orange range finder does not copy the Chapters track in PD 11. And maybe the Subtitles track. I have not tried with the Subtitle track.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Oldshep
Eu tenho um projeto na linha do tempo de 55 minutos.

In accordance with Xerox
You can not use the orange and markers to indicate the range?

In my view the best way to make and use the yellow selection, and for accuracy, use markers (with right mouse click and select, Add Time Line Maker) at the beginning of each part.
Button Copy / New Project / Paste button / Save Project As ..
The division should not cut effects, text thus avoiding duplicate the effect.
Oldshep [Avatar]
[Post New]
muchass gratus!
Using the extended timeline for accuracy to set timeline start and end markers and then shrinking timeline so as to see both start and end time markers and then using the yellow/orange selection then cut or whatever seems to be the best option.

Thank you All Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02