Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Jeff for patience with a 71 year old. It is as I thought.

What do you think of my solution to have a 5th. .pds file(which would be all other 4 sections on the timeline as a single one chapter TITLE and importing as a 5th. option in the Create Disc process with a 5th. button on the Title/chapters menu. Would it work?

As you say I could always PRODUCE (the PD option) 4 AVI( or other format files - what would you recommend) then input into my previous video editing software Pinnacle Studio the copy all four and paste onto the timeline at the end and then create a Menu system as I have done on many DVD's. albeit the Menus are not as fancy as offered in PD. Do you think I would lose any quality using this technique
Thanks Jeff I did read the link but I'm sorry to say the different kinds of DVD was a litle beyond me at this time.
The options I have available and the selection I chose are shown on the attached file.

Even when I get round to fully grasping how PD burns differing DVD /CD options it again seems to be a bit confusing that it does not treat each kind of media the same.
I have done this see my latest reply I have fathomed the various scenarios of these Playback options
Thanks
Thanks everyone... i think I have it sussed (not straight fwd) as many of you said CL terminology confuses the issue. I don't think I can actually achieve all I wanted in functionality. I did Create disk and added my 4 TITLES (each with the 1 default chapter.. The Root Menu had the Play and Scenes options and the Titled/Chapters had 4 buttoned items.

If I selected Scenes and the correct playback option indeed each TITLE played thru and then returned to the Titles/Chapters Menu.

As many other folk have mentioned in this forum if I select Play from the Root Menu it will only play the first Title unless I changed the Playback option then I could play all 4 titles. However this was only a trial as it stuffed up the playback I needed to return to the Title/Chapter after each section.

I am correct in assuming you cannot just have the Title/Chapters Menu OR just a Root menu with the 4 Title buttons offered ..
A pity one has to have this almost surplus Root Menu just to select Scenes to accomplish what I want to do.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO DELETE THE PLAY OPTION ON THE ROOT

Can someone please clarify if it is possible to set up in such a way still to have both options that is the Play All facility (either using the Play from the Root Menu or Adding a 5th button on the Tiles/Chapters menu and a Single Title Item.

The only way I can think of is to import another PD project which would be all 4 sections on the single timeline (all one chapter) and make this the 5th option on the Titles Chapter Menu.
I have raised this b4 but I am still having a problem with the PD Menus systems.

I have followed to the best of my understanding the advice given and re-read the manual and still I cannot get the DVD to play as I want. Am I doing something wrong?

The attached screen captures file should show you what I have done. If I select the Play button then as expected the video plays through all 4 chapters. However when I take the scenes options and then selected any one of the chapters once it reaches the end of the chapter it just continues playing through any following chapters and does not return to the menu as I want. I am still confused as to why PD11 has what seems to me as a two tier menu concept. Why not just a single menu that has the 4 chapter buttons on it and select to play one and return to loop around the menu until next selection as in other video editing software.
Many thanks ..Found part of a video clip length 00,00,00,01 phew . Max setting of timeline exposed.
I've learnt something new ..that's a good day....Again Thank you
I initially created a project showing holiday images and video clips of the 4 places I visited.
It indicated 42 minutes on the timeline. However due to the menu options not being able to play as my previous Video Editing software I opted to split.

Keeping the original timeline I then created 4 new projects using the original as the template. i.e. for new Project 1 I removed everything on the timeline after our first place on holiday and then for new projects 2, 3 and 4 removed the unwanted stuff from the timeline respectively. However after I had PRODUCED (the PD11 function) Project 1 as an MPEG4 file it indicates that the project is still 42 minutes in length. In fact after PRODUCING 4 MPEG files and playing back using Windows player they all play minutes of black screen after the actual video has finished. It would seem that somehow when I split to 4 projects a retained the original length. Any ideas how to fix please.
I have placed an image in a title and then a txt box inserted over the image.. No problem in general, however I have had several incidents when I can't place the txt on the image . The image is always "ON Top" Is there any way the order of things i.e. send back, bring fwd etc. can be done?
Forgive my "thickiness"

OK by adding projects I probably used the wrong name.

Not sure what you mean by adding video. I meant to create 4 .pds files one for each place visited. (which will be a composite of video clips, images, sound and voice over etc. To me a pds file is a project.

So what do you mean by adding a video.

I suppose I could always produce an mpg or AVI file from my PD11 project and input this into Pinnacle and then my chapters a create a menu as I used to.
So I have created a video of a holidays visiting 4 places. This as you said is my first and only scene.
Under Pinnacle I would have 4 menu buttons and would play each chapter and then return to menu. In fact I often used to copy the complete timeline immediately following and make this say chapter 5 and this way the video would play all the way through before returning to the menu.

Is it not possible to achieve this in PD11

If I understand your reply I need to create 4 projects i.e a timeline for each of the places visited and then bring them in under the create disc option. Is this so.
OR is there another way I can achieve what I want to do
I know I am new to PD but the way chapters but in comparison to Pinnacle the way menus are constructed sucks.

I cannot find how to delete Menus I have.
The chapters do not show on the menu and I cannot fathom how to cause the video to return to the Main menu after each chapter. Why do PD make is so confusing
Indeed my mistake..I had several images almost the same and had removed the dates on some but not the others... these were the ones I had thoight had not been updated. ThePD11 does indeed update automatically ..thanks for reply.
I used to use Pinnacle and it was good in that if at any time I changed any of my photo images with other software i.e. to remove the date of a photo or tiitivate in some way when the pinnacle project which used that clip was next loaded the photos were automatically updated. I am producing a PD11 project and noticed several of my photos did have the date on them I used other software to remove the date HOWEVER when next loading the PD project I saw that the images had nor been updated and had to place them on the timeline again using the overwrite option. Is there any way around this?
I could not think of what to call this post!!

Sometimes when trying to place a transition I am unable to do so. By expanding the timeline to max I see there is piece of a clip (video or photo) of almost nil duration between 2 clips. I then found the image of the same number next to it and the duration would be less than the original set preference by the amount on this slither of a clip. I can rectify by deleting the slither and resetting the duration of the initial image to the required duration It would seem that when I am placing clips on the timeline even though I try to place them right next to the previous clip I am inadvertently cutting a slither off.

Is there any way I can ensure this does not happen. (any means to get the software to inform when overlapping clips on placement etc.) OR do I just need to be much more careful and I suppose by expanding the timeline to max before placement makes it less likely to happen...but this would make the initial placement very slow.
Is it possible to apply the Fade transition onto the back end of titles. I used to do this on Pinnacle Studio
ALSO what would be the equivalent transition of Pinnacles Fade in our out and the Dissolve
Where to begin...
To create the effect of flying from A to B I used to do the following technique on Pinnacle Studio and have started the same with my PD11.

I screen capture with other software Google Earth going from say Heathrow Airport to say Los Angeles.
I then create a title with an inserted still picture of a Jumbo jet pointing from right to left and reduce to a small size such that it shows as the movie zooms out from Heathrow. I give this title a duration of say 0:10 . I then copy this title and place along side the first title where I will copy and past the jumbo so as to move it along about half the plane length (if you know what I mean) then delete the first photo of the Jumbo. I repeat this process until I have sufficient titles to be the same duration as the video clip. I then add a jet sound to the sound track. This works and as the video clip is played the jumbo appears to fly from point A to point B albeit a little jerky and not smooth.

As you can imagine this is a very slow process and sometimes I use 20+ 0.10 duration titles to cover the video duration.
Is there a better way in PD11 to achieve this.

On a similar vane I use a similar technique when on a road map going from A to B with a red line with a minature car travelling along the road. Is there a better way in PD11
I assume that PD allows for changing the play back speed of an imported video clip..how is it done please.
Thanks heaps worked a treat.. It sure is a new learning curve moving from Pinnacle Studio to PD11
I have managed to separate the sound from a video clip and have now found a good video of the same with no sound. These are in the timeline and working well. How can I combine this video/Audio into a single entity and also is there anyway I can save this so as to use on future projects
1. Should the Modify Transition Behaviour be available on ALL transitions..I can do it on some but on others the option is grayed out

2. For some transitions there is another similar transition but offering the reciprocal movement i.e. Shove Up and Shove Down for others like Star (in Shapes) only one action possible . Is there any way of reversing the transition action like there is in Pinnacle Studio.
When importing from selected folder the files are in name order... Sometimes in a folder I would have 2 IMG files with the same number except one would be noted with a (2). This second photo will be out of chronological sequence if I just added to the timeline. Even if within my folder I have the files sorted in date taken order when inputted to PD11 they are in Name sequence. Is there any way you can order the folder files in Date Taken order within PD11
Go to: