Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Image Size/TV Safe
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I ensured that each of the image photos fitted into the TV safe 'dotted area' in the preview screen and maintained the Aspect ratio (although for the odd image which was scenery etc. I set it to be larger then the dotted area knowing that if it was lost on TV playback it would not really matter. However, when playing through the movie with the preview area unlocked and made larger than needed I noticed any video clips were taking up the max area and where a little larger than the 'dotted area'.

Would this extra size beyond the dotted area be lost on TV watching OR if not can I increase the size of my images to take the same area as the movie.
If yes is there a speedy way of achieving this other than doing each image one by one. Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I don't think it matters that much...the safe zone (to me any way) is just a guide...the main menu system with titles chapters etc should be withing this safe zone...but the actual video clips I believe are irrelevant.
Jim
p.s Not an expert tho'... Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The TV safe zone was part of the tube TV shape. Much of the picture was cut off because there were masks so that the picture had straight edges. That TV safe zone was about 85% of what was there. That is still true for anyone watching on an old style TV.

With todays TV, the screens are more rectangular. The TV safe zone should be about 95 plus percent of what is there.

Yes, keep the titles/text/etc inside the safe zone to be extra cautious.

Do you have any images that are taken as portrait? Those do need to be adjusted if you want the entire picture to show. There are several programs that will do that. If you have an image editor look for it. There is an old FREE program called "Image Cropper" by Darkwood that will do batch resizing in both landscape and in portrait. It has been a long time since I took any portrait photos so I can't remember what settings I used. Sorry.

Note if you download Image Cropper, you can just close out the plea for a donation window. Image Cropper here:
http://www.darkwooddesigns.co.uk/pc2/cropper.html

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 31. 2012 07:16

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.