Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to create the effect of flying
Oldshep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2012 22:29 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Where to begin...
To create the effect of flying from A to B I used to do the following technique on Pinnacle Studio and have started the same with my PD11.

I screen capture with other software Google Earth going from say Heathrow Airport to say Los Angeles.
I then create a title with an inserted still picture of a Jumbo jet pointing from right to left and reduce to a small size such that it shows as the movie zooms out from Heathrow. I give this title a duration of say 0:10 . I then copy this title and place along side the first title where I will copy and past the jumbo so as to move it along about half the plane length (if you know what I mean) then delete the first photo of the Jumbo. I repeat this process until I have sufficient titles to be the same duration as the video clip. I then add a jet sound to the sound track. This works and as the video clip is played the jumbo appears to fly from point A to point B albeit a little jerky and not smooth.

As you can imagine this is a very slow process and sometimes I use 20+ 0.10 duration titles to cover the video duration.
Is there a better way in PD11 to achieve this.

On a similar vane I use a similar technique when on a road map going from A to B with a red line with a minature car travelling along the road. Is there a better way in PD11 Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
A Virus - Bit Defender Plus 2012
Flyfisher [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Trondheim, Norway Joined: Oct 30, 2010 05:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
You can have a look at this post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19405.page#104015 "How to add an object to a PiP & Track a map drawing." I'll think that answers your question.
Oldshep [Avatar]
[Post New]
It has been some time since you replied to me and I have been playing around and watched your video several times. I've got the idea and although my method (that I explained in original post) achieved the result but using the pip designer is smoother and quicker to set up.
However the route I have is a .jpg of the red route and did not move along as your did. It may not be anything within PD but you simply say I have a bus, I have a route and I have a map. I cannot work out how to get the moving red line route to be placed on a video track. Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
However the route I have is a .jpg of the red route and did not move along as your did. It may not be anything within PD but you simply say I have a bus, I have a route and I have a map. I cannot work out how to get the moving red line route to be placed on a video track.

You give your red line and/or bus a Motion Path in the PIP Designer.

You may need several Key frames to move along the path.

You put the map on a lower track than the moving red line or bus.

Say you put the map on Track 1 and your PIP (red line and/or bus) on Track 2.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Oldshep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Carl312..By just having the map (with red route) image in Trk 1 and image of a car in Trk 2 I got it to go.

I didn't know how to create an image of just the red line route as in softdeko's video. However I have another problem I cannot fathom out. In my initial post on how I produced the effect without using the PIP designer, which works albeit time consuming. I was for each title where I move the vehicle along I was able to rotate the car image so as the car "traveled and followed the road curvature and in some titles I changed to the mirror image of the car for when the road direction change otherwise at time it seemed as though the car was almost upside down!!. I enjoyed using the PIP designer but because I was not able to rotate the image which remained in the same orientation as it "traveled" at times it was moving sideways along the road (if you grasp what I am trying to say).

1. Is it possible to change the rotation to follow the road curvature etc.

2. Also with my map image having the red road on the map and not on a separate trk it showed all the time and only the car moved and not the red route line did in the video by softdedko. How can I fix this

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02. 2012 02:23

Oldshep
W7-64
PD11 Deluxe 11.0.0.2110
SR VDE120702-02
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Oldshep,
see PM, I have a link for you. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT