Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't say I disagree. We'll see what they say with a ticket. Had to upload some info for them. But they've asked for a zipped .dmp file that the support website would allow me to upload. Now they're asking for another file of the project itself. But there isn't a project yet. I'm just trying to capture footage, so there's nothing to upload. Haven't heard back in a couple days, so I'm not sure if I'll get anywhere or not.

I did try the Exsate DV Capture Live and have had some success, but it's not without some bugs. Keeps hanging. Doubt it's still being supported or updated. Have no trouble via Adobe Premier. So that's my go to if all else fails.
Well, at least I'm not the only one. Yes, I get different results each time. It will skip dozens of scenes, then suddenly pick up again several minutes later. Or else just stop and only capture a portion of the clips.

I have opened a ticket with support. But they want me to send the "project" which there isn't one. I'm simply trying to capture the video. Will keep pushing, I guess.
I'm having problems using the auto batch capture function of PD13. I'm not doing anything special. Just trying to move clips from a DV camcorder to the hard drive. I've only been successful once getting the whole tape to capture. All the other times, it bombs out part way through the original quick scan process and is never successful actually capturing the video. I have to hit stop. And when I do, the thumbnail images of the clips disappear and the only option I'm left with is "finish". So I try again and again with no luck. The camcorder is connected via firewire and PD has no trouble recognizing it.

I also have Adobe Premiere Pro 5.5 installed and it has no trouble capturing the video. Anybody have any idea where to look? I've tried every setting alternative I could find with no luck. In manual batch capture mode, I can't even get an image on the screen, although I can control the camcorder through PD.
PlaySound, yes indeed! That works. Thanks for the tip!
Tom
I use magic motion to get me started on a specific motion, but I'm always editing the final motion. Takes a few clicks normally, but I find that once I have what I want, I'd like to apply it to other pics as well without having to re-create it each time. Is there a function similar to copy/paste attributes that I can use to copy and paste magic motion attributes to subsequent clips or photos?
Does anyone know if it's possible to trim a clip while still in the preview window? I'd like to be able to select the segment of the clip for my timeline prior to actually dropping it on the timeline. I may only want 5 or 6 seconds of a clip that might be minutes long. I hate having to drop it on a different video track, trim it, then move it to the appropriate place on my timeline.
Dafydd, I agree with you that people can overuse transitions. My favorite ones are the simplest. Specifically, the fade transition. If I use "overlap" as my default, then the clips are overlapped accordingly and my timeline shortened by that amount. If I use "cross" as my default, then apply the fade transition, I don't experience the shortening of the clip, but I do notice the video motion pauses in the middle of the fade as the preceding clip is introduced. It's close to being what I want, but that pause bothers me.
I've noticed that after I have completed my timeline and move on to adding transitions, the "overlap" transition always shortens my timeline. I kind of understand what's happening, but this is the only software package I've used that treats these transitions in this way. It's a problem when I've got my timeline synced with my music score.

Anyone know a way around this?
I'll have to give that a try. It's not noticeable when the image fills the screen. But if you have any sort of border showing, like if you were zooming in on a vertically framed image, it's really obvious as the border is redrawn. Thanks for the tip.
I've noticed that when I produce a DVD with PowerDirector 12, anytime there's a still image that I've applied a slow zoom motion to, it always seem jittery. Nothing smooth about it along the border of the image. Anyone experience that and if so, have you found a way around it? I've produced the same video in Premiere with perfectly smooth zooms. So it's gotta be something with the software.
Nevertheless, I'm going to say my card is still the issue judging by how quickly a 5mb jpg file loaded. I have a friend who is selling me his ATI Radeon HD 6770 at a great price. I should get a good idea after I make this change. Will report back in a week or so.
The report was generated after I pulled the 9800 card. I experienced this issue even with that card installed.
Here's my system info. The video info is not correct as I just had to pull my GeForce 9800 GT card because of a malfunctioning fan. It may take as long as 30 seconds or more to load one RAW file from my Nikon d7000. I have tried with jpg's and they load relatively quickly in comparison. Maybe 5 seconds. Any other thoughts? Sounds like Ron is experiencing exactly what I am.

Tom
Everything else seems to hum right along. Even opening the software is reasonable quick. I've had the same experience with PhDir3 and I was hoping this would have been addressed in 4. I've seen a few reviews that suggest this is a problem. I'm running 6GB ram and an Athlon 3500 dual core processor. Anti virus doesn't slow anything else down, so I doubt that would be an issue. Using AVG. if Lightroom also showed the same delay, I could deduce it was my system. But it doesn't. I want to verify that jpgs load quicker. If that's the case, then it may have something to do with file sizes of 20mb or more. What kind of impact would the video card have on this process?
After importing RAW images to my library, I'm experiencing REALLY slow loading performance when making any sort of change whether it's editing the image or simply clicking on the next one to view. Sometimes 30 seconds or more. This is at least 6X longer than the same sort of process using Lightroom. Anyone else experience this? Any advice on speeding up the process? Pretty frustrating. I'm using PD4.
David-
I just completed a video and encountered this same problem. It consisted of stills that I had panned and zoomed. When I applied the cross transition, the next clip paused for a split second, then continued. Looked like a mistake with each clip! When I tried the overlap fade, I think what is happening is that the same fade is applied, but the second clip is tucked under the first causing all the clips after it to shift to the left. The only way I've found to overcome it is to readjust every clip that follows. A royal pain in the you know what at best. Let me know if you came up with another solution since your last post!
OK, that worked as you described. Thanks. It was probably the video thumbnail with the text "My Video" that was throwing me. How about the rest of the stuff. I don't think I could make a menu if I wanted to. (or at least edit one) Anyone else experiencing the same sort of issues. I'm thinking of perhaps doing a reinstall.
OK, I want to create a disk. I don't want a menu, so I select "no menu". PD10 still gives me this preview of my footage on kind of a generic menu background. I can't get rid of it. So I decided to just live with it and edit the "my video" text. Can't do it. At least not every time. When I can select and delete to type in my own text, I get 3 characters into it then it starts typing over itself leaving me with nothing but the letter "a". That's fine if you want to title your video "a". But not in most cases. Any help? If I decide to create my own menu, I get the same results. How can I just get the video to play when I pop it in the dvd player without a menu? What about all the craziness of trying to edit an existing template or my own? Still kind of new to PD but I've had the experience with lots of other editing software and never ran into anything like this.
Anyone know what happened to the "combine" function in PD10. I know I used it in PD9, but I can't find it anywhere!
Go to: