Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trimming in preview window
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if it's possible to trim a clip while still in the preview window? I'd like to be able to select the segment of the clip for my timeline prior to actually dropping it on the timeline. I may only want 5 or 6 seconds of a clip that might be minutes long. I hate having to drop it on a different video track, trim it, then move it to the appropriate place on my timeline.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
An alternative...
Right-click the media room clip|EDIT USING CONTENT AWARE EDITING. The Content Aware box appears...

Drag the scrubber to the IN point. Click the MARK IN icon.
Drag the scrubber to the OUT point. Click the MARK OUT icon.

Click the SELECTED button.

If you don't want the Content Aware changes, right click on the bar - "Poor Lighting" - for example - and click REMOVE APPLIED FIX. (Or, after clicking on OK, click FIX|ENHANCE and UNcheck the effect box.)

Click the OK button. The edited clip appears on the timeline at the scrubber position.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 22. 2014 23:58