Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
menu editing possessed
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I want to create a disk. I don't want a menu, so I select "no menu". PD10 still gives me this preview of my footage on kind of a generic menu background. I can't get rid of it. So I decided to just live with it and edit the "my video" text. Can't do it. At least not every time. When I can select and delete to type in my own text, I get 3 characters into it then it starts typing over itself leaving me with nothing but the letter "a". That's fine if you want to title your video "a". But not in most cases. Any help? If I decide to create my own menu, I get the same results. How can I just get the video to play when I pop it in the dvd player without a menu? What about all the craziness of trying to edit an existing template or my own? Still kind of new to PD but I've had the experience with lots of other editing software and never ran into anything like this.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If by "generic menu background" you mean the blue splash sceen with the no menu option it is just PD way to let you know that no menu will be used. The blue splash does not actually appear on the DVD burn or a DVD folder creation. The disc, when played in a player, will simply start to play with no user action and continue to loop until you stop it.

Jeff
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
OK, that worked as you described. Thanks. It was probably the video thumbnail with the text "My Video" that was throwing me. How about the rest of the stuff. I don't think I could make a menu if I wanted to. (or at least edit one) Anyone else experiencing the same sort of issues. I'm thinking of perhaps doing a reinstall.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
No, I don't experience craziness of trying to edit nor just the letter "a" for My Video. I will say the Menu Designer and DVD menus in general take some playing around to become somewhat proficient. If you are trying to change the "My Video" text in the Menu Designer, that text is not really what you edit, it's just a placeholder for the title. You actually add your title characters in the Create Disc module.

Maybe post a pic of the issues and maybe someone will have an answer.

Jeff