Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jittery Zoom of Still Images on DVD's
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I've noticed that when I produce a DVD with PowerDirector 12, anytime there's a still image that I've applied a slow zoom motion to, it always seem jittery. Nothing smooth about it along the border of the image. Anyone experience that and if so, have you found a way around it? I've produced the same video in Premiere with perfectly smooth zooms. So it's gotta be something with the software.
[Post New]
Quote: I've noticed that when I produce a DVD with PowerDirector 12, anytime there's a still image that I've applied a slow zoom motion to, it always seem jittery. Nothing smooth about it along the border of the image. Anyone experience that and if so, have you found a way around it? I've produced the same video in Premiere with perfectly smooth zooms. So it's gotta be something with the software.

I always saw this bad effect in PD, to minimize I create my videos (slides) in HD or fullHD, it is still not perfect but it gets better.
then I convert to MPEG2 (DVD) AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I'll have to give that a try. It's not noticeable when the image fills the screen. But if you have any sort of border showing, like if you were zooming in on a vertically framed image, it's really obvious as the border is redrawn. Thanks for the tip.