Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Batch capture issues
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having problems using the auto batch capture function of PD13. I'm not doing anything special. Just trying to move clips from a DV camcorder to the hard drive. I've only been successful once getting the whole tape to capture. All the other times, it bombs out part way through the original quick scan process and is never successful actually capturing the video. I have to hit stop. And when I do, the thumbnail images of the clips disappear and the only option I'm left with is "finish". So I try again and again with no luck. The camcorder is connected via firewire and PD has no trouble recognizing it.

I also have Adobe Premiere Pro 5.5 installed and it has no trouble capturing the video. Anybody have any idea where to look? I've tried every setting alternative I could find with no luck. In manual batch capture mode, I can't even get an image on the screen, although I can control the camcorder through PD.
[Post New]
I had exactly the same experience as you tommyg.

If you have any gaps/glitches in the time-code it gets very confused. Running it multiple times gave me different results each time.
I ended up capturing the complete video (as one file) and then use "scene detection" that is also not without issues in PD13
see post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42621.page

My suggestion is to record the steps in detail and send in a support ticket that refers to this post.

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
tommyg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, at least I'm not the only one. Yes, I get different results each time. It will skip dozens of scenes, then suddenly pick up again several minutes later. Or else just stop and only capture a portion of the clips.

I have opened a ticket with support. But they want me to send the "project" which there isn't one. I'm simply trying to capture the video. Will keep pushing, I guess.
[Post New]
It is best to create a detailed list of:
Equipment you use (camcorder, computer, software versions,…)
Then the detailed steps you follow with screenshots attached.
Then post this in the forum.

If it is something you are doing wrong then someone in the forum will help you.
If it is an issue with the software (I think it is), then all you need to do is add the link to the forum post and they will have all the info in the support ticket.
Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure Cyberlink will invest much time in your issue regarding batch capture. It's a dying technology. There are some links on my site to other programs that may function better. You will still end up with good files that PD will be able to import. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
I know tools like ScenalyzerLive are great tools for this kind of job, but if one buys video editing software that has this "features" that by now should be full vetted since it is old technology then one is very disappointed after wasting a bunch of time to get it to work just to have to find another piece of software to do the task.

If the feature don't work:
A. Fix it
B. Remove it and tell your users to use something else.

Either way, it starts with a support ticket. Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
tommyg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can't say I disagree. We'll see what they say with a ticket. Had to upload some info for them. But they've asked for a zipped .dmp file that the support website would allow me to upload. Now they're asking for another file of the project itself. But there isn't a project yet. I'm just trying to capture footage, so there's nothing to upload. Haven't heard back in a couple days, so I'm not sure if I'll get anywhere or not.

I did try the Exsate DV Capture Live and have had some success, but it's not without some bugs. Keeps hanging. Doubt it's still being supported or updated. Have no trouble via Adobe Premier. So that's my go to if all else fails.