Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copying magic motion attributes to other clips
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I use magic motion to get me started on a specific motion, but I'm always editing the final motion. Takes a few clicks normally, but I find that once I have what I want, I'd like to apply it to other pics as well without having to re-create it each time. Is there a function similar to copy/paste attributes that I can use to copy and paste magic motion attributes to subsequent clips or photos?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tommyg -

There's not, unless you want to apply the same motion to every photo... then you can use Apply to All. I sometimes do that, then go through and do slight modifications to every second or third image. Saves a little time.

Copy/paste keyframe attributes is a great feature, but it only works with particular things... see attached table. I can't see any reason it couldn't be easily applied to Magic Motion - they are keyframes after all.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Copy Paste KF.png]
 Filename
Copy Paste KF.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote: I use magic motion to get me started on a specific motion, but I'm always editing the final motion. Takes a few clicks normally, but I find that once I have what I want, I'd like to apply it to other pics as well without having to re-create it each time. Is there a function similar to copy/paste attributes that I can use to copy and paste magic motion attributes to subsequent clips or photos?

The method I use I select all the photos you will take the same movement and apply Magic Motion once all the selected images. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent PlaySound!

By Ctrl+clicking, select particular photos - or Shift+clicking to select a group - it's easy to apply to same motion.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tommyg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: Sep 18, 2011 10:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
PlaySound, yes indeed! That works. Thanks for the tip!
Tom