Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the reply, but there's no need to shout. :>

As for the menu system, I think that it's the weakest part of PowerDirector. Personally, I would have much more use for a more intuitive and easier menu system than "3D" movies.

Thanks again,
Tony
Hi
Is there a way to have menu thumbnails be a still-shot from the video instead of a moving video loop?

Thanks,
Tony
Hello
I would appreciate some input from you veterans. I want to produce a standard DVD (not Blue Ray or HD). I have edited my video and am ready to make a DVD in 4:3 format. I actually have 3 different Projects; each is a separate chapter within the same video, so I will need to combine them so that they will play back-to-back.

What are the steps to take now? Do I go straight to the "Burn" menu? Do I need to Produce first? Which file format will give me the best quality?

Thank you for answering my newbie questions,
Tony
OK. Thanks Carl. I was hoping there was a setting somewhere to do this without using a separate track.

Thanks,
Tony
Hi
I am trying to use a different default background for a slide show. Currently, by default, PD9 has a black background if for places there is no image (IE when a verticle photograph only uses part of the viewable screen, what is left is black). How can I change this background to either a different color or to a custom image?

Thank you,
Tony
I had a similar problem and Berto's solution worked for me, even though I was not using an MP3 with Variable Bit Rate. I converted my MP3 to a .wav file and I stopped having the trouble.

Tony
Hi Dafydd

Thanks for writing. I am now thinking that the choppiness is a play-back issue with my computer. I just uploaded my mpeg4 file to Vimeo.com to share it with a couple of friends. Playback through the web-site is smooth. I'm going to burn a test DVD to see if it is smooth there also. I suspect that it will be. I'll post back later.

Thank you,
Tony
Hi
In producing, some of my Magic Motion images are a bit choppy. These are jpeg photos with some panning or zooming. It is not all of the instances where I use Magic Motion, only on some.

I've tried to do some hunting to see if there is a setting I'm missing but so far I haven't found anything useful. Is there something I can do to make the pans and zooms move more smoothly?

Thanks,
Tony
Thanks Carl. I changed the Drop Frame setting from "Yes" to "No" and produced again. It made no difference; it was possibly off even more.

The amount that it is "off" is really very slight - by less than 1/2 of a beat in an up-tempo song. But since I need the cuts to be very precise, an inch might as well be a mile.

Thanks again,
Tony
Hi
I am having a problem with audio sync. My video is about 6 minutes long so far, made from mainly still photos with a few video clips. It is synchronized to a WAV music file. Some of the sync'ed photos are only 16 or 17 frames long (slightly more than 1/2 second) and I spent a lot of time to sync them very precisely.

In the preview, the sync is perfect. When I have produced an mpeg4 video, the sync gets off. It is only off very slightly, and it is only off for approx. 30 seconds in the middle of the video. It is only off by a slight fraction, (photos arrive slightly late) probably 2 or 3 frames out-of-sync, but since the timing of the sync is so precise, it is very noticeable to me. By the final minute, the sync is back to where it should be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tony
OK. Thank you to everyone who responded.

Tony
Hello
I would appreciate your input. If you are producing a longer video with multiple chapters, how do you lay it out on your timeline?

I am making a video that will be 15 to 18 minutes, composed of 3 to 5 chapters.

Should I make 3 to 5 different files/timelines and combine them when finished or should I simply make a single 15 to 18 minute timeline and add chapter points when finished?

Thank you,
Tony
Thanks for the suggestion. The music did not come from Amazon. I checked, and according to ITunes the bitrate is 128 and appears to be fixed. There are other mp3 files that ITunes says are variable, but not this one.

I converted it to a constant bit rate of 320 and each time that I tried to add the converted 320 bitrate mp3 into my audio track it would crash Power Director. I'm going to convert it to 128 even though it appears to already be a fixed bitrate and see what happens.

Any other ideas, anybody?

Thanks again,
Tony
Hello
I am working on my first PD9 video project. I have, up to now, about 20 JPEG still photos that I have synched to music. (More photos and video will be added later.)

When I preview from the very beginning I get the synch between photo and video that I want. However, when I preview beginning later in the video, say beginning with the 6th photo for example, the synch between photo and music is off by about 2 full seconds. It seems that when beginning a preview from within the video rather than from the beginning, the software "loses track" of where it is in the music.

Can anyone please help me to understand why this is and how to correct it?

Thank you,
Tony
Thanks Carl. I installed K-lite and it worked. It's interesting to me that some of these files worked fine in the past. I'm curious about what on my computer changed since I haven't changed any codecs (that I know of).

Thanks for your help,
Tony
Todd
Just last night I uninstalled my Ebay copy. I also used CLCleaner and re-booted. Then I installed my new copy of PD9. It's working as advertised.

One of the Authorized Re-Sellers of PD9 has a good price right now: Check out Download Crew's deal. They're on the link above.

Tony
Here's some additional info:

The same is true for other MPG files. I have other files that I have had for years and that have audio that has worked in the past. I have not done anything to these files to change them. When I import them into PD9 or Windows Live Movie Maker I have audio. But when I play them in Windows Media Player or any other Player that I have I get no audio.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks again,
Tony
Hello
I am capturing MiniDV video from my Canon XL1. I have captured to MPEG-2. While in PowerDirector I get audio in my newly-captured files. But when I play the MPEG files in anything else (like Windows Media Player) I have no audio. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks,
Tony
I got it figured out. I had to reinstall the old program. Then it appeared in the Uninstall Programs box. So I then uninstalled it, ran CLCleaner, re-booted and installed my newly-purchased copy. Thanks.
Hello
I need to uninstall my Ebay-purchased copy of PowerDirector 9 so that I can install my new version. PowerDirector does not show up in my Control Panel list of programs to Uninstall. What do I need to do to uninstall PD9?

Thanks,
Tony
Go to: