Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Motion results are choppy
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
In producing, some of my Magic Motion images are a bit choppy. These are jpeg photos with some panning or zooming. It is not all of the instances where I use Magic Motion, only on some.

I've tried to do some hunting to see if there is a setting I'm missing but so far I haven't found anything useful. Is there something I can do to make the pans and zooms move more smoothly?

Thanks,
Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
Without seeing the data I hazard a guess at a solution. Lengthen the duration time of the still image will slow down the speed of the motion path pan somewhat. Positioning the keyframes to "hold" a position may help you.

A screenshot of Motion Designer (showing keyframes/motion path) and information on the images' duration time would help.

tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

Thanks for writing. I am now thinking that the choppiness is a play-back issue with my computer. I just uploaded my mpeg4 file to Vimeo.com to share it with a couple of friends. Playback through the web-site is smooth. I'm going to burn a test DVD to see if it is smooth there also. I suspect that it will be. I'll post back later.

Thank you,
Tony