Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio sync in production
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I am having a problem with audio sync. My video is about 6 minutes long so far, made from mainly still photos with a few video clips. It is synchronized to a WAV music file. Some of the sync'ed photos are only 16 or 17 frames long (slightly more than 1/2 second) and I spent a lot of time to sync them very precisely.

In the preview, the sync is perfect. When I have produced an mpeg4 video, the sync gets off. It is only off very slightly, and it is only off for approx. 30 seconds in the middle of the video. It is only off by a slight fraction, (photos arrive slightly late) probably 2 or 3 frames out-of-sync, but since the timing of the sync is so precise, it is very noticeable to me. By the final minute, the sync is back to where it should be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tony
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using NTSC for your TV format?

If so, change the drop frame setting to opposite what you currently have.
Drop frame is either yes or no.

If you are using PAL, there is no drop frame setting. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I changed the Drop Frame setting from "Yes" to "No" and produced again. It made no difference; it was possibly off even more.

The amount that it is "off" is really very slight - by less than 1/2 of a beat in an up-tempo song. But since I need the cuts to be very precise, an inch might as well be a mile.

Thanks again,
Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2011 12:50

Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I make a music video, I ALWAYS lock my audio track first, then add my other sources and edit them to my liking. You might want to try that option.

Cheers!
Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.