Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Thumbnails
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Is there a way to have menu thumbnails be a still-shot from the video instead of a moving video loop?

Thanks,
Tony
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi
Is there a way to have menu thumbnails be a still-shot from the video instead of a moving video loop?

Thanks,
Tony

NO.

Many requests have been made about the Powerdirector Menu system.

The current menu system always has a motion thumbnail on the main page and on the scenes pages.
That can not be changed with the current menu system. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The thumbnail is always a "video" but it can be a pic from the video in the timeline just as you would like. The thumbnail cannot be a "static" pic but it is a "video" pic. Because of this, just be carefull on the duration of the pic and the menu duration.

My post here and pic walk you through it. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15328.page#74815

Jeff
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, but there's no need to shout. :>

As for the menu system, I think that it's the weakest part of PowerDirector. Personally, I would have much more use for a more intuitive and easier menu system than "3D" movies.

Thanks again,
Tony