Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help Uninstall please
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I need to uninstall my Ebay-purchased copy of PowerDirector 9 so that I can install my new version. PowerDirector does not show up in my Control Panel list of programs to Uninstall. What do I need to do to uninstall PD9?

Thanks,
Tony
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
This happened to me too, after i ran the cleaner software. I think what i did solved it though. (only on windows xp)

I got this from a post by Dafydd but i can;t find it now.

I clicked run and typed regedit.exe
and went to hkey_local_machine>software>cyberlink
then deleted the powerdirector folder
i then proceeded to reinstall PD and it worked fine.
ditto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2011 00:46 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello
I need to uninstall my Ebay-purchased copy of PowerDirector 9 so that I can install my new version. PowerDirector does not show up in my Control Panel list of programs to Uninstall. What do I need to do to uninstall PD9?

Thanks,
Tony

FWIW, Tech Support provided me with this link to a CL Cleaner that will nix registry entries of previous versions of PD9:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/CLCleaner/CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_All.exe

It's fast. Don't blink, or you'll miss it.
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
I got it figured out. I had to reinstall the old program. Then it appeared in the Uninstall Programs box. So I then uninstalled it, ran CLCleaner, re-booted and installed my newly-purchased copy. Thanks.