Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is your multiple chapter production strategy?
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I would appreciate your input. If you are producing a longer video with multiple chapters, how do you lay it out on your timeline?

I am making a video that will be 15 to 18 minutes, composed of 3 to 5 chapters.

Should I make 3 to 5 different files/timelines and combine them when finished or should I simply make a single 15 to 18 minute timeline and add chapter points when finished?

Thank you,
Tony
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
It ultimately depends upon how powerful your computer is, particularly for HD.

You cab always assemble the chapters during Disk creation stage, just hit add new media button. So how you get there is open story.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2011 12:27

RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello
I would appreciate your input. If you are producing a longer video with multiple chapters, how do you lay it out on your timeline?

I am making a video that will be 15 to 18 minutes, composed of 3 to 5 chapters.

Should I make 3 to 5 different files/timelines and combine them when finished or should I simply make a single 15 to 18 minute timeline and add chapter points when finished?

Thank you,
Tony

You can assemble a project from any number of media files, like a vacation project I put together has hundreds of video clips and photos. After I edited it all, in the Chapter Room, I just plopped the chapter markers in wherever they needed to be. A lot easier than making each chapter be a separate project, and then assembling them into one project. If you did that, you'd still need to put your chapter markers in where you want them.

rbowser
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
It also depends on what you are starting with. I work with 4 to 8 minutes clips that I produce individually. Then I bring about 12 of them into a project to create the DVD. At that point I set each clip to a chapter.

For a shorter project like you have, I would probably just go through the project and find the spots where I want a chapter to be rather than break it up further into small clips. I don't see either way as better, so it just depends on which is faster and easier for the given situation. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
OK. Thank you to everyone who responded.

Tony