Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello
I need to uninstall my Ebay-purchased copy of PowerDirector 9 so that I can install my new version. PowerDirector does not show up in my Control Panel list of programs to Uninstall. What do I need to do to uninstall PD9?

Thanks,
Tony
Hi
I will be re-installing PowerDirector 9. The new software will replace the software I purchased on Ebay that turned out to be used (therefore not supported) software. What do I need to do with the new installation (purchased via download from an approved re-seller) to avoid any Component Activation issues? Will there be anything left on my computer after I uninstall the previous copy that could cause me problems?

Thanks,
Tony
Thanks Robert
I'm basing my question on CyberLink's list of authorized sellers. The seller in question is listed, but I was just concerned about the locality and whether it mattered or not. (I would not have imagined that Ebay sellers would automatically be ruled out, apparently with no-questions-asked.) I'm always in favor of saving a few bucks when I can manage it.

Thanks,
Tony
A question about the list of CyberLink's regional stores: Does it matter which store you buy from, based on what country you are in? I'm in the USA and I see a good deal from a UK site (for download, not boxed version). Is there any reason for me to not buy from a UK website? I'm paranoid now after my Ebay debacle.

Thanks,
Tony
Dafydd
You wrote me the following in a PM:
Hi Tony,
I'm aware of where you purchased the software.
That it has previously been activated and is a second hand product and not sold by official channel or distributor.
The component activation has reached its limit.
That Online Support should have asked for proof of purchase a lot earlier.

You should attempt to get your money back asap, from where you purchased it from.

I stated, referring to you "CyberLink told him that my software is not a legitimate copy". You told me that you knew where I bought the software. (It was Ebay, which is not illegal, by the way, but buyer beware.) You told me that my copy had been previously activated, not sold by official channel, etc. Those statements told me that my software copy is no good and they came from you, via PM. You were the first one to share this info with me. I still can't see what I said that is inaccurate or that misrepresented anything that you told me.

All of that info came to you from CyberLink. Where else could you have learned it?

CL did tell you my copy was no good. Then 36 hours later they got around to actually telling me. I was surprised and disappointed to learn this. I was not looking to use pirated software. My frustrations have never been aimed at you; they are aimed at CL Customer Support. I'm also not angry with CL for refusing to give me tech support on this software, given what I now know. I understand that issue. My frustration with them is for the issues that have already been well-documented in this thread. I'm still grateful that you took your time to inquire on my behalf. Thank you for that.

I will gladly apologize to you for any offense. It's genuine because I have no desire to get into a silly flame war against someone who tried to help me. I just honestly don't see what I said about you that was offensive. Thank you again for your assistance.

I hope one day to ask you and the others here for help in actually editing a video using a legal copy. Until then I again say Thank you.

Tony
CyberLink Customer support finally contacted me today; 7 days after asking for proof of purchase, 17 days after my original inquiry (which DID include the CD Activation code, thereby providing them with the information they needed to determine that I had been ripped-off by a bad Ebay seller.) and 36 hours after explaining to somebody else that they would not offer me tech-support.

Because it appears that this software works really well, I'll probably purchase it again somewhere. But if I do, I'll have to really hope that I have no technical questions requiring that I contact customer support. I have zero confidence that they will help me in a reasonably-timely manner.

Thanks,
Tony
What I wrote applies specifically to CyberLink. I wrote that "it seems as though THEY...."

The main point is that CyberLink still has not contacted me and it is now nearly one week since they asked for the 3rd set of information.

While I truly do appreciate your efforts, I am very underwhelmed by CL's tech support.

As an aside, the Ebay seller has given me a full refund. He never argued or questioned me. Back to the drawing board now, I guess.

Thanks,
Tony
So Dafydd tells me that CyberLink told him that my software is not a legitimate copy. I purchased it on Ebay where it was advertised as brand new. I will work on getting a refund.

What I don't understand is why CL would tell him but they have not told me. It seems as though they are treating me as a software thief. This is frustrating and insulting, since I made no attempt to hide anything. I attempted to legally purchase some software and I was apparently ripped off by a bad Ebay seller. CyberLink has not told me this, but they did tell someone else who relayed it to me second-hand.
OK. Thanks,
Tony
Dafydd

Thank you very much. Your interest and efforts are appreciated.

Tony
Yes, I understand that proof of purchase is important. I do not understand why they waited until their 3rd request for that information, after they had previously requested screen shots, sim key files, etc already. My proof of purchase should have been requested up front.

Their first response to my inquiry was 'please provide a screen shot of the error'. When I provided the screen shots, their second message was 'please provide the sim-key file, the hosts file, the CD Key used for installation, and screen shots of the error.' Their third message was "To assist you further, I need to verify your purchase records..." That could have been requested the first time.

I also do not understand why a post in this forum followed by an inquiry by you would speed things up. (No offense intended to you. I appreciate your offer to help.) However, why don't they simply get on it when I request the support? My Ticket ID, however, is CS001035814.

As I stated earlier, the delays are quite frustrating. The project that I am working on is delayed as it has now been 15 days since my initial inquiry to them. It's been 5 days since I provided my proof of purchase.

Thank you,
Tony
Yes I did. It involves Component Activation.

Cyberlink's "support" has been frustrating and underwhelming so far, to say the least.

Thanks,
Tony
What is your experience with Cyberlink's product support? I originally sent them info on my issue 11 days ago. Since then they have responded 3 times, each time asking for the same information/screen shots, etc., but each time they have asked for one more thing. The 3rd request asked me for additional proof of purchase. This request could have been made in the original request for info/screen shots, etc.

I've now waited for 5 days with no answer from them. I need them to get this problem resolved.

Thanks,
Tony
I am having the same issue/problem. Some of the formats will activate, some will not. Therefore I'm not sure how this can be a connection/security issue.

Tony
One thing about this activation...some of the formats did activate (MPEG1, H264AVC, etc), so there are no firewall issues. Also, I got the same error pop-up when I tried to burn a DVD.

For both "Produce" and "Create Disk", when I get this error window, there is a button entitled "Try". When I click "Try" the software will work, but there is a message that says something like "30 days remaining".

Thanks,
Tony
Thanks. I eventually got through to them. I'm waiting for their help. They have asked for the same information and same screen shot two times so far.

While I don't think that it's a firewall issue, I'll investigate. I appreciate your input.

Thanks again,
Tony
Nobody else has had this issue? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks for your reply. I'm now up-to-date with the latest version.

Thanks,
Tony
Hello

I am trying the "Produce" part of my first experimental video. When I try to begin producing a MPEG2, I get a pop-up window that says "You must first activate this feature before using it. Connect to the Internet and try again. Activation is a free and quick process." On another line it says "MPEG2 - Component Activation" and then below that it says "Remaining: 30 days".

When I click the "Activate" button I get another pop-up that reads "Codec activation incomplete. This may be because the internet connection was disconnected or the program activation key is invalid or reached its activation limit."

When I tried to produce in the other formats (MPEG1, H264AVC, etc) I got a similar window, but when I clicked to activate, it activated. Only the MPEG2 is failing.

I am running PowerDirector 9.0.0.2330

The Cyberlink Support link is not loading today, either, so contacting them is not an option, at least for now.

What do I need to do? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
Sometimes circumstances force a change of plans. I installed the demo, then got occupied on the photo/video project I was involved with. The next thing I knew, the 30 days was up and I didn't have time to experiment. It was my mistake to install the software when I did. I should have waited.

I just asked a simple question about getting a new 30 day evaluation period to allow me to actually evaluate it. There's no need for snarky remarks.

Quote: tonycog,

If you can not decide in 30 days whether you want to buy PowerDirector or not, then you probably don't want the program.

The watermark is only in the first 5 seconds of the video. And does note that you are using a Trial.
I guess I think the 30 day limit is pretty foolish considering they also plant a watermark on anything produced. It will be Cyberlink's loss since I'll likely look elsewhere. Hey Cyberlink: If you want a shot at a sale, contact me. Otherwise I'll be moving on.
Go to: