Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio track synch is different depending on when I begin preview
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I am working on my first PD9 video project. I have, up to now, about 20 JPEG still photos that I have synched to music. (More photos and video will be added later.)

When I preview from the very beginning I get the synch between photo and video that I want. However, when I preview beginning later in the video, say beginning with the 6th photo for example, the synch between photo and music is off by about 2 full seconds. It seems that when beginning a preview from within the video rather than from the beginning, the software "loses track" of where it is in the music.

Can anyone please help me to understand why this is and how to correct it?

Thank you,
Tony
Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
I believe you have used an audio file with a variable bitrate. PD cannot interpret these properly in preview. Did you download it from Amazon? All the ones I get from there have this problem. You need to convert it to a fixed bitrate. I use Format Factory (http://www.formatoz.com/). In the settings make sure the bitrate is set to, say 128, rather than default and it will, in seconds, create a fixed bitrate audio MP3 file. When you import this you will get the sync right regardless of where you preview from. AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13
tonycog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2011 22:52 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestion. The music did not come from Amazon. I checked, and according to ITunes the bitrate is 128 and appears to be fixed. There are other mp3 files that ITunes says are variable, but not this one.

I converted it to a constant bit rate of 320 and each time that I tried to add the converted 320 bitrate mp3 into my audio track it would crash Power Director. I'm going to convert it to 128 even though it appears to already be a fixed bitrate and see what happens.

Any other ideas, anybody?

Thanks again,
Tony