Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
That's right. Right in PDR, you can create & modify particle templates... as well as titles, video overlays, transitions & a whole lot more.

If you visit DirectorZone, you'll find a **mountain of templates made by other PDR users. These can be downloaded & installed & used in your PDR (if you want).

e.g. there are thousands of particle templates, which can be used as they are or modified to suit your needs.

Since you're just starting out, I'd suggest looking at some more basic tutorials first (there are plenty), but here's one on the basics of using Particle Designer.

Cheers - Tony

** I'm not suggesting that the mountain of templates on DZ is necessarily all good! You need to search through some rubbish to find the gems. laughing
Ahh -

You were using multiple green screen clips overlaid??? That might explain your comment "that made both the background image and track 4 visible in a strange mix."

I'm glad you're getting the hang of it a bit more.

I made that sparkle thing, but I probably made it by modifying someone else's particle. There are a few variations of it attached. If you double click the .dzl file, they'll install in PDR. Just delete any you don't want.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tomas E -

Assuming you haven't reversed the track order in Preferences, if you insert your greenscreen video in Track 5 then apply chroma key, anything that isn't masked by the background image/video will be visible.

e.g. GS vid - T5, Particle or Video Overlay - T4, BG vid - T3... the particle or PiP object will be visible (attached screenshot)
GS vid - T5, BG vid - T4, Particle or Video Overlay - T3... the particle or PiP object won't be visible.

Posting screenshots of your timeline/preview would help clarify your issue.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Stephen -

Even though sorting background music by mood, or even BPM, would be very useful (arguably the most useful), it's not an option.

Cheers - Tony
Hi ambientdave -

Looking for "Express"?

If you're using PDR365, you'll see that many of the modules (PiP Designer, Title Designer, Particle Designer) can be used in "Express" mode or Advanced. "Express" mode is just simplified, so there are less editing options. That won't help your needs.

Maybe you mean Video templates? These are templates with placeholders, so you can just insert your videos & photos into a pre-structured template. They're designed around different themes. In previous versions of PDR, these were labeled "Express Projects", so that may be what you're thinking of.

... or maybe you mean Magic Movie Wizard, again in themes, which selects parts of you videos and inserts them into video templates.

... or Theme Designer, which is sort of the same but you select which clips go where.

Have a look under Plugins and check out the options.

Cheers - Tony
Hi firefight16 -

The simplest thing would be to first create a slide show of your "changing photos" & produce it as a video file.

Then you can use your slideshow video in combination with the other videos in Video Collage Designer.

Within VCD, you can trim videos to match durations (if you wish).

Cheers - Tony
Hi gokuflow -

OK - I'll bite... even though your question isn't related to PowerDirector as far as I can tell.

Are you trying to upload an image or download it? You asked about downloading, then said 'I can't load a proprietary image file to a WP site", which sounds like uploading. surprised

By WP site, do you mean Word Press? or something else?

If you try to be clearer, you might get a better answer.

Cheers - Tony
Hi mohitk -

I've been wrong before, so I'm used to it by now.

What you've discovered is that the two functions you're using are completely unrelated.

In PiP Designer, checking or unchecking the Maintain Aspect Ratio option has NOTHING to do with what you do in Crop Image.

You can check or uncheck all you like in PiP Designer, but the options selected in Crop Image will override it. Maintain Aspect Ratio in PiP Designer applies to the image in PiP Designer. It's not a fixed/permanent setting fro that image.

Happy to help - Tony
Hi mohitk -

If you want the aspect ratio to stay the same, you need to leave Maintain Aspect Ratio checked!

Cheers - Tony
Hi folly1 -

As you've discovered, with Warry's advice, a colour preset can only be applied by dropping it on the video clip (not on the FX track). Other video FX can be applied the same way, or in the FX track.

When you drag a color preset to a video clip, it only affects that clip - not the whole video track.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tim -

This is another possibility If you're after a "reveal" type effect, rather than a transition from one photo to the other.

It's done by masking one photo & setting motion keyframes for the mask.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Nic -

My first thought would be to:

1. Use your selected bunch of photos of "Partner A" to create a 1:1 slideshow

2. Produce the "Partner A" slideshow

3. Replicate the same thing (timing & transitions etc) with the "Partner B" photos

4. Produce the "Partner B" slideshow

5. Insert the 2 produced 1:1 slideshows on separate tracks

6. Reposition each video so that Partner A is on the left & Partner B is on the right

7. Produce the side-by-side slideshow

N.B. You'll lose part of the side of each image, some place subjects accordingly.

Video could be worked in a similar way, or by using masking in various ways.

Ignoring the fact that these aren't the same people growing up (!), this is an example of what is described above.

Cheers - Tony
Agreed optodata!

Without placeholders, these cannot function as Express Projects... though they're fine as Title templates.

I put in a support ticket but, by now, I think CL would be aware of the issue.

Cheers - Tony
See if this helps laughing

Cheers - Tony
Hi Barry -

You should be able to access those YouTube video templates by clicking on the Project tab. Under Video Templates, look for

• Simple Style

• Sketch

• Summer Sale

• Technology

(at least I think that's what they're called)

The attached screenshot should help.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Laurens Bas -

When you import the 360° equilrectangular video, does it display in the media library with a 360 icon?

Under the preview window, have you clicked the 360 viewer button?

The attached screenshots may help explain.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Rick -

Your assumption is correct. Ease in/out is available in PiP Designer & Title Designer.

What used to be "Magic Motion" is now called "Pan & Zoom" (does the same job). For video it's "Crop Pan & Zoom". None of these have Ease in/out.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Rick -

I wouldn't say Ease in/out in PDR has reached perfection yet (!) but when using PiP Designer for panning & zooming, the wobble issue can be minimised by applying the same level of Ease in/out to both position & scale keyframes.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

tomasc has nailed it again! Up till that point, others (including me) were just assuming you were using the Windows version.

... but there it is, in black & white:

CyberLink has a 30-day refund policy. If that applies to you, you can contact Customer Support with your details of purchase.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. optodata - we have something in common. I've been called way worse too! embarassed
G'day philpapephoto -

I guess you stitched the original .insv files using Insta360 Studio... or did you use something else?

When you imported the stitched video into PDR365, was it displayed in the media library with a 360 label? (see the attached screenshot, showing a stitched 360 video from Insta360 One R in PDR365)

When you dropped it inthe timeline, did PDR prompt you to create a 360 project?

Cheers - Tony
Hi PastaG -

No - there's no limit on downloads. PDR import limits? Hmm - not sure on that one.

With the Shutterstock videos, they first download - then import into PDR365.

After you selected the videos, did the downloads complete? Did you see the regular import progress bar in PDR?

Try going to C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\video to check if the downloaded files are present.

If so, import the videos into PDR as you'd normally import media.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: