Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No 360 option in Powerdirector 365
philpapephoto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2021 10:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed PowerDirector 365 subscription version. I have a stitched 360 mp4 video from an Insta360 camera imported to my midea bin. When I put the video in the timeline I do not get asked to edit in 360. Also when I launch it goes directly into the application I don't get the options as shown in the online videos. Can someone offer me some help. Thanks
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe reading this will help.
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/09_09_00_360-start-view-settin.html?q=change+starting+view

Also set the format to 360 (right under the preview screen), and select disable 360 view mode (with slip selected in the timeline).
philpapephoto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe reading this will help.
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/09_09_00_360-start-view-settin.html?q=change+starting+view

Also set the format to 360 (right under the preview screen), and select disable 360 view mode (with slip selected in the timeline).

I will read the link you sent but there is no 360 0optionunder preview see the attached
[Thumb - Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 11.24.16 AM.png]
 Filename
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 11.24.16 AM.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
107 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm. Also have a look at this and maybe look around what has been written about 360 in the manual:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/04_04_00_360_projects.html

I dont work with 360 files so I had to look around a bit myself. : What I started to do is resetting the splash screen (preferences/confirmation/reset.) which I dont use too. Then reopen PD and in the opening screen select 360 files. And open in full mode. (and maybe tag the always open full mode again if you so wish) In my system the 360 appeared as an option and everyting worked as descrived in the manual.

Let us know whether you can make it work too.

have fun!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day philpapephoto -

I guess you stitched the original .insv files using Insta360 Studio... or did you use something else?

When you imported the stitched video into PDR365, was it displayed in the media library with a 360 label? (see the attached screenshot, showing a stitched 360 video from Insta360 One R in PDR365)

When you dropped it inthe timeline, did PDR prompt you to create a 360 project?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR365_Insta360.jpg]
 Filename
PDR365_Insta360.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
766 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
philpapephoto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote G'day philpapephoto -

I guess you stitched the original .insv files using Insta360 Studio... or did you use something else?

When you imported the stitched video into PDR365, was it displayed in the media library with a 360 label? (see the attached screenshot, showing a stitched 360 video from Insta360 One R in PDR365)

When you dropped it inthe timeline, did PDR prompt you to create a 360 project?

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,
The file only shows the green check not 360. I took the exported file and reloaded it into Insta360 Studio and it still is a 360 degree file meaning I can scroll around the file. I attached the file for you to see. And no when I drop the file into the timeline I do not get prompted. Am I doing something wrong with the export from Insta360 studio. This is important and I thank you for your help

Phil
 Filename
360Pool-2.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52497 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
62 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your clip is fine. Take a look at what happens when I import it into PD365 and see if you can follow thee same steps. If you can't., maybe a screen recording showing what happens on your end would be helpful.

You may want to view this fullscreen on YouTube. You can do that by clicking on "YouTube" on the bottom edge of the embedded frame:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2021 11:28

philpapephoto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Your clip is fine. Take a look at what happens when I import it into PD365 and see if you can follow thee same steps. If you can't., maybe a screen recording showing what happens on your end would be helpful.

You may want to view this fullscreen on YouTube. You can do that by clicking on "YouTube" on the bottom edge of the embedded frame:

Tony,
There is no 360 option under the preview as there is in your video clip. I am glad to hear the file is correct. I have also removed and reinstalled the software. I also am including my system specs if that will help. I am sure you will be able to figure this out I have faith in you.
[Thumb - Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 12.12.09 PM.png]
 Filename
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 12.12.09 PM.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2679 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 12.14.47 PM.png]
 Filename
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 12.14.47 PM.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
380 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
philpapephoto [Avatar]
[Post New]

Tony,
There is no 360 option under the preview as there is in your video clip. I am glad to hear the file is correct. I have also removed and reinstalled the software. I also am including my system specs if that will help. I am sure you will be able to figure this out I have faith in you.

ONe other thing I noticed in your video It looks like you have another icon to the left that I do not see. In the Render preview all I see is the speaker camera preview quality / display and undock
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm actually not Tony, but I've been called much worse

On your system, PD is clearly not identifying the clip as 360 which is why you don't see the 360 tag in the media library and why you don't have the 360 view option under the preview window.

Can you right-click on the clip in the media library and take a screenshot of View Properites? I can't imagine it would look any different than this but I'd like to be sure:

philpapephoto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm actually not Tony, but I've been called much worse

On your system, PD is clearly not identifying the clip as 360 which is why you don't see the 360 tag in the media library and why you don't have the 360 view option under the preview window.

Can you right-click on the clip in the media library and take a screenshot of View Properites? I can't imagine it would look any different than this but I'd like to be sure:

Tony,
I had deleted the file but recoverd it via Time Machine. Just the File size and date and time are slightly different. I Can send you a different file that I currently have if that would help. Appriciate all your time and effort. Thank you
[Thumb - Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 1.01.31 PM.png]
 Filename
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 1.01.31 PM.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
182 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Philpapephoto - The screenshot indicates that you are using a mac. There is no 360 video support in the Spec/Format and Device Support in the PD365 mac version here: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software-mac/specs_en_US.html . The 360 support however is in the Windows version.
philpapephoto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Philpapephoto - The screenshot indicates that you are using a mac. There is no 360 video support in the Spec/Format and Device Support in the PD365 mac version here: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software-mac/specs_en_US.html . The 360 support however is in the Windows version.

Well that S***S. Will it be supported in the future? I paid for the yearly subscription and if it's not going to be useful is it possible for a refund?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Phil -

tomasc has nailed it again! Up till that point, others (including me) were just assuming you were using the Windows version.

... but there it is, in black & white:

CyberLink has a 30-day refund policy. If that applies to you, you can contact Customer Support with your details of purchase.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. optodata - we have something in common. I've been called way worse too! embarassed
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!