Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a Stills split image presentation. Help Needed Please...
Technik21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2020 11:46 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

I am trying to work out how to create a split screen rolling slideshow with images. No video, ( but may add a clip.)

So it's for a wedding venue, that the slideshow will present the married couple from their early years through to the days they met and lived their lives together. Showing each other in seperate frames, but alongside each other, and changing images as the presentation plays on.

I selected the "Video Collage Designer", and picked a split screen template, but it looks like it's only going to show one split screen frame, instead of a rolling presentation of split screen images that transition in.

Should I be using the slideshow creator? I notice this doesn't seem to have a rolling split screen effect though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have tried searching You Tube, but not really finding a tutorial for my requirement. Lots of split screen video demos, rather than stills\images.

Thanks

Nic
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nic -

My first thought would be to:

1. Use your selected bunch of photos of "Partner A" to create a 1:1 slideshow

2. Produce the "Partner A" slideshow

3. Replicate the same thing (timing & transitions etc) with the "Partner B" photos

4. Produce the "Partner B" slideshow

5. Insert the 2 produced 1:1 slideshows on separate tracks

6. Reposition each video so that Partner A is on the left & Partner B is on the right

7. Produce the side-by-side slideshow

N.B. You'll lose part of the side of each image, some place subjects accordingly.

Video could be worked in a similar way, or by using masking in various ways.

Ignoring the fact that these aren't the same people growing up (!), this is an example of what is described above.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Technik21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2020 11:46 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Nic -

My first thought would be to:

1. Use your selected bunch of photos of "Partner A" to create a 1:1 slideshow

2. Produce the "Partner A" slideshow

3. Replicate the same thing (timing & transitions etc) with the "Partner B" photos

4. Produce the "Partner B" slideshow

5. Insert the 2 produced 1:1 slideshows on separate tracks

6. Reposition each video so that Partner A is on the left & Partner B is on the right

7. Produce the side-by-side slideshow

N.B. You'll lose part of the side of each image, some place subjects accordingly.

Video could be worked in a similar way, or by using masking in various ways.

Ignoring the fact that these aren't the same people growing up (!), this is an example of what is described above.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks so much for the very informative advice!

I will certainly give this a go.

It would be nice if Power Director had a plug in to achieve this in one hit, but your suggestion should give me the desired results!

I am very grateful for your help!

Thanks again.

Cheers

Nic