CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I will be installing a new C drive. My media and project files are on two other drives. Will I be able to bring up the old projects once I reinstall Power Director on the new C drive? Or are there files I need to back up, in such places as C/user/profiles,etc.? Thanks for any info.

Elwood

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 980x @333 6 core processor, 12 GB ram DDR 1600, Radeon 5850 GPU Power Director 8 Ultra.
tutubebe99
Thanks for the info Tony.

Elwood
Maybe this will help. http://powerdirector.helpmax.net/en/creating-your-story/modifying-effects/modifying-particle-effects-in-the-particle-designer/

Elwood
Yeah, annacadd. This is for Cyberlink PD!
Tutube99, Quit using this forum as a venue for your marketing and spam propagation! It is very self serving and a waste of time for the other members who actually have something to contribute! PD is a CYBERLINK product and that's what this forum was designed for.

E.B.
My thought would be that the target folder (Disc) is not large enough to hold the project you want to burn. DVDs/Blurays/CDs don't necessarily hold what the capacity says they should hold. You may want to break your video into separate parts and export to multiple Discs.

Elwood
Hi DC4, capture it as DVI, because DVI is not compressed like MPG. AVI will be better quality.

Elwood Blues
What kind of files are you importing? If they are other than AVI you just select all and drag and drop them into/on to your PC. Then import to PD.
I'm having the same problem. Any fixes Tony?

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 980x @333 6 core processor, 12 GB ram DDR 1600, Radeon 5850 GPU Power Director 8 Ultra.
When adding/downloading codecs where do you install them? Thanks.
Thanks Tony!
Summer, I used this one on a previous PC. It seemed to work just fine. http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Elwood Blues
Gagnon, Mpg2 is what you want to produce to for a high quality DVD. I think the only reason it says "medium quality" is because now there is high def video/quality, AVCHD, H.264. Think of the leap from VHS tape to DVD. DVD was considered high quality back then. Now Bluray/HD is top quality. Hope that answers your question.

Elwood
If there is an uninstall option on the PD8 disc I would use it to remove PD8 first. If that option is not available I would remove PD8 through Control Panel/ Add/Remove programs. Then install PD9. Just make sure the projects you want to open in the new PD9, are saved to something like "My Videos", before uninstalling PD8. You don't want any project files to be in the PD8 folder when you remove PD8.

Elwood
Have you tried the transitions tab/room?

Elwood
jarodyou, Just insert a title clip and edit the words.

Elwood Blues
The simple answer is to use a Pic in Pic track (separate video track). Without seeing the actual video you mentioned, I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a link to it?

Elwood
I think I understand after seeing the youtube video. Easy; line up two video tracks with each other. then go to the properties for each clip and set opacity at 50% for each clip. to bring the two clips in and out of the video use a dissolve fade in fade out. I'm more familiar with Adobe products, but that should help you get started.

Elwood Blues
Good advice Tony. The way around the "protected" aac/mp4 issue I use, is to export it to audio CD. Then load the disc and import as an Mp3 back into Itunes. It will now be available in the Itunes media/music folder. The only drawback is a used CD. Unless it is rewritable. I use Mp3s in PD all the time and have not had any problems

Elwood
Go to: