Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update: FYI- I now believe the export time was very slow because I wrote the file to a BD-RE disc. Apparently, the write process has to do more calculations due to the structure of the rewritable disc. It has to be written over first or reformatted in some way.
Thanks Carl, I'll check the hardware acceleration setting.
Just wanted to know if 4 hours is a normal length of time for a 55 minute H.264 video to be exported to Bluray disc? Seems like a long time to me, especially with my specs. Thanks for any info!

Elwood

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 980x @333 6 core processor, 12 GB ram DDR 1600, Radeon 5850 GPU, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Power Director 8 Ultra.
Carl, I would only add one thing to your good advice; An AVCHD file will play in 1080 quality on a DVD, provided the DVD is made as a "data" disc. Of course it will only play on a computer and some bluray and game systems.

Elwood
I would contact support--- https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Good luck.
This is the sign in page. Do you have a sign in name and password?
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/sign-in.do
There should be an activation code with your acct. @cyberlink.com.
Mr19th, "export to disc" or "export to mpeg2" and "create a disc".
Albert, Are you trying to put files from a DVD into your computer/Power Director? or, from a DVD camcorder into your computer/Power Director? You should be able to drag and drop the files into a folder on your PC, whether the DVD is in your DVD drive, or your camcorder isconnected by USB or Firewire to your PC.

Elwood
Carl, I finally got around to downloading HD Tach. I had to use windows compatability mode as there is not a windows 7 version. Here are the readings on my drives; C: Average Read Speed 105.0 Mbs, D: 116.0, E: 115.0. The Random Access speeds were 7.7ms, 12.7, 13.3. Any thoughts? Thanks
Thanks Carl! I'll check it out.
Does anyone know how to increase the "data transfer speed" in a computer? My Windows Experience Index is at 5.9, because of the lowest sub score on my PC; that being the "hard disc transfer speed"which is 5.9. The processor, RAM, and graphics scores are 7.8 and 7.7 with an experience index top score being 7.9 I have 3 hard drives set up as C:OS/Apps, D:media, E:project files. I realize this is not a PD question, but it does affect how PD runs when video editing. Thanks for any advice!

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 980x @333 6 core processor, 12 GB ram DDR 1600, Radeon 5850 GPU Power Director 8 Ultra.
Are you sure you saved it to a file on your hard drive? Otherwise, when you unhook your camera, it will be gone.
Wayne, Do a search of your computer using .psd as the search query. Hope you find them. !
After reviewing the specs on that camera it looks like it would work with PD. I would suggest you also look at the GoPro camera too. I have seen video from that one and it was very impressive!

Elwood

* Sensor type: CMOS
* Water Resistant
* Video resolution: 1080p, 720p & WVGA
* Video format: H.264
* File format: .MOV
* 25 / 30 / 50 / 60fps in 720p or 25 / 30fps in 1080p
* Video format: 16:9
* Lens Rotation: 300°
* Recording Angles: 127° in 1080p, 170° in 720p & WVGA
* White balance: Auto
* Exposure: Auto / Manual (advanced users)
* Zoom: Digital x4 (in 720p/30/60fps & WVGA mode)
* Remote range: 10 ft. range
* Built-in Microphone
* Inputs: Optional External Microphone
* AV Output: HDTV out (cable included)
* Battery: 1110mAh rechargeable lithium-ion/ Optional 1700 mAh Li-ion rechargeable.
* Power-Save option saves batteries by powering down the screen
* Built-in memory: 32 MB
* SD memory capacity: Supports memory cards up to 32 GB
* Photo resolution: 5 Megapixel
* LCD screen: 1.5″ colour TFT
* Lens focal range: 0.5m to infinity
* Dimensions: Camera – 133 (L) x 50 (D) x 33 (W) mm / Remote Control 52 (L) x 40 (W) x 13 (D) mm
* Power: Camera – DC 3.7V / Remote control: DC 3C, 1x CR2032 battery (included)
* RF: Receiver (Camera): 433.92MHz ISM band / Transmitter (Remote): 433.92MHz ISM band
* Weight: Camera – 138g / Remote control – 19g
* Operating Systems: Compatible with Windows 7, XP & Vista; Mac OS 1
Mike, try producing to Windows Media, or Quicktime files.
I agree with Mike on this one. Video editing is so memory, processing intensive, that you should go for the best you can afford in terms of processor and RAM hardware.

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 980x @333 6 core processor, 12 GB ram DDR 1600, Radeon 5850 GPU Power Director 8 Ultra.
You don't have enough RAM. Check the requirements for high def video with Power Director/Cyberlink.
3G2?. Do you mean MPEG 2?
Oh, just saw your reply Robert. Thanks.
Go to: