Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cant produce: Medie Source Error - need help
nicholas1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2010 11:19 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I used to run PD8 on my desktop CPU.

I recently put PD8 onto my laptop and tried to produce a video as 3G2 like I would on my desktop CPU but I get the following error message:

Media Source Error:
CyberLink PowerDirector could not stretch or position the media you tried to import. This may be because the file you tried to import does not comply with th file format standard, or because the decoding filters are incorrectly installed.

I have no idea what this means or what to do. Any advice would be helpful.
nicholas1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
more info:

laptop is an ASUS

CPU: Intel Core i7-740QM, 1.73GHz

VGA: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 ; VRAM 2GB

HDD 640GB

the files im trying to produce are .mp4 and an .mp3 file and trying to produce as a .3G2 so I can get best quality.

I can succesfully produce the exact same thing in .mp4 but I want to produce .3G2 so I can convert it to .mp4 later for a better quality video
[Post New]
3G2?. Do you mean MPEG 2?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Is that video from a cell phone? I'm not sure how you plan to get better quality by converting back and forth several times, but I couldn't even find 3g2 in PD9. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
nicholas1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the replies

The video was filmed on a SD video camera.

Previously when I would produce as .mp4 the quality dropped. I found a thread advising to instead use the Mobile Phone Hi-Vision Cam Wooo profile to make files .3G2 and then change the file extension from .3G2 to .mp4

See : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13899.page#75372

I have been doing this without a problem but when I tried to produce using the Mobile Phone Hi-Vision Cam Wooo profile to make files .3G2 it stops at different points and shows the Media Source Error message.

As previously noted I have no problem producing in .mp4 format but the quality drops significatntly

I hope I am clear enough, i really appreciate any help I can get