Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looks like a pretty great job, being outside and having some adventures. Thanks for posting your work, it was fun to watch.
Funny and not lame at all. Good choice of music. I'm sure it was a lot of cuts/edits.
Another option for capture would be to use Windows Live Movie Maker (free) and then edit the .avi clips in PD.
Thanks pjc3 and jmone for your responses, very helpful and appreciated. I already have the TM700 on the way and maybe down the road I'll have the equipment and know how to take advantage of the 1080p/60. pjc3, I thought I read that the HD Writer software would join clips but I can't be sure. Hopefully I'll figure things out once I get the camera and try to edit the files. If I run into trouble and can't figure something out, I'll pick the brains of all you helpful forum users
mrtavares,

A while back I saw your posted video demonstrating your work with PD9 and 1080p/60 files from the TM700. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. I have ordered and am awaiting delivery of a Panasonic TM700. I would prefer not to install their HD Writer software if I don't have to as I have heard negative reports on it and there is some question about if it is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit, which I run. A search on the Windows Compatibility list does not show any results. Can you simply drag and drop the video files from the camera to your computer? I also understand that Panasonic has files associated with the video files that get downloaded via their HD Writer software. I assume these files are not needed if all I want is the video files but I'm not sure. Do you know what file extension is associated with the actual video files? Ultimately what I would like to do is create projects that I will burn to DVD. I do not have a Blu-ray burner so will create standard DVD's. Do you know if there is any point in using the 1080p/60 format if I won't be burning to Blu-ray? What I'm wondering is if I will get a better image quality using the 1080p/60 files or if I would be better off just recording and using 1080i/60 files. At this point all I have used PD9 for is to edit old 8mm analog and 8mm digital video that I capture as AVI files and then edit and burn to DVD. My computer handles all of this fine but I'm unsure about if it will have enough power to work with the files from the TM700. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Another thing I have read is that if I record more than 5 minutes of continuous video using the Panasonic TM700, it cannot save the segment as one file but needs to break it up due to file size limitations related to the FAT 32 system. From what I have read, that can create some editing issues. Do you know anything about that? Lots of questions, hope you don't mind. I'm anxious to get the TM700 but also a bit nervous that I may have trouble when it comes to editing the files it produces. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Dafydd,

I have watched some of your work on "SeeMyWorldOnVideo". Thanks for posting those, they are good learning tools for me.
Dafydd,

I ran into the issue when just experimenting with PD9 and I did not keep that sample test project and as a result, I can't take a screen capture. It only happened to me one time to this point. Thanks.
If you look at the clips in the timeline, are the video portions of each clip still lined up with the audio portions of each clip? It seems to me that, when I was moving some clips around on the timeline, something happened that resulted in the audio portions not moving in sync with the video portions. I think I may have just removed and then reinserted those clips to get the video and audio back in sync. Not sure if this helps.
pjc3,

Your comment on the Panasonic TM700 really has me wanting that camera.
When I watched it the first time, by default, I was viewing it in 380p. Then watched in 1080p. WOW, very impressive images. I'd love to have that Panasonic TM 700.
Very well done, it's nice to see what others are doing and it gives me new ideas about what can be done. I would prefer more subtle transitions but I really like everything else about it.
Robert,

In my case, I completely uninstalled PD8 prior to installing the PD 9 upgrade. All seems fine I just hope that after 30 days it doesn't tell me I have a trial version. What is odd is that Cyberlink did send me a message that stated "Thank you for using the CyberLink PowerDirector 9 trial version." That makes me a bit nervous as I paid the full upgrade price for PD 9.
Jaime-esque, the Exsate DV Capture Live program sounds like a good option for capturing DV. One question, when using it, are you able to hear audio during the capture? Not being able to hear audio when using Windows Live Movie Maker to capture is a limitation. Thanks.
Dafydd, thanks. You made good points and have offered good tips. I should have used "linking" when I was using the "group" feature. Yes, I need to just spend more time using, reading and learning. I just got a little too anxious to make progress but should have studied more and not jumped right into the forum with all the questions. Your help and guidance is appreciated. Thanks.
I just upgraded and started working in PD 9. Moving clips around on the timeline does not seem as easy as in PD 8 unless I'm doing something wrong. In PD 8 I could moves clips around on the video track with simple drag and drop. When I move a clip on the timeline in PD 9, it leaves a gap in the timeline in the spot where I moved the clip from. Then I have to move all the clips behind this point to keep everything together. I also noticed that when I changed the duration of a title on the Title track, it pushed another title, that was further down the track, down by a second (the amount I changed the duration of the other track). As I recall, in PD 8, the other title would have stayed put. It just seems like more of a challenge to keep everything in place on the timelines in PD 9. I'll keep playing with it and maybe I'll figure things out. Any tips for keeping things in place? I tried to group a couple of items on separate tracks but they didn't seem to stay together on the timeline.
John, I think you could probably capture the footage off your Hi8 video camera by using Windows Movie Maker, which is a free program. I use it to capture old analog footage. You don't hear any sound when capturing so you can't use any audio cues as to your in and out points. Also, in my case, the beginning of each captured clip has some video noise that has to be edited out but it's only a couple of seconds. Once you have captured your content, you can edit these clips using PD 8.
Thanks FredB, that's what I was hoping to hear.
After installing PD 9 Ultra, I was reading the ReadMe text and found the following: "Microsoft DirectX® 9 runtime library must be installed in advance." After seeing that, I remember having run into this issue when installing PD 8. I know I had installed the MS DirectX Runtime Library back when I installed PD 8. Prior to installing PD 9, I uninstalled PD 8. I can't recall if the MS DirectX Runtime Library is something I could see as an installed program on my computer but I don't see it on the list of programs I have an option to uninstall and I don't see it anywhere in my Program Files folders. Since installing PD 9 I have run a dxdiag report and I do see an entry for "DirectX Version: DirectX 11". My question is, does this reference to DirectX 11 mean I have the MS DirectX runtime library installed? I would prefer not to have to uninstall PD 9, go out and get and install the MS DirectX runtime library and then reinstall PD 9, unless of course, I have to. I will include my current DxDiag report in case that helps. I just installed PD 9 today (12/15/2010) and have not had a chance to work with it to see if all is well or if there are any issues. Any help is appreciated.
I'll keep the firewall and AV enabled and just go ahead with the download. Granted, there may be some potential but unlikely chance of a conflict created by those programs but a much higher risk of inviting trouble with them disabled.
I see on the Cyberlink website that they recommend disabling any firewall and anti-virus programs before downloading PD 9. I can’t imagine being on the internet with a Windows machine, even for a short time, while having these programs disabled. I am I too paranoid?
Go to: