Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[SOLVED] PD 9 and Microsoft DirectX Runtime Library
[Post New]
After installing PD 9 Ultra, I was reading the ReadMe text and found the following: "Microsoft DirectX® 9 runtime library must be installed in advance." After seeing that, I remember having run into this issue when installing PD 8. I know I had installed the MS DirectX Runtime Library back when I installed PD 8. Prior to installing PD 9, I uninstalled PD 8. I can't recall if the MS DirectX Runtime Library is something I could see as an installed program on my computer but I don't see it on the list of programs I have an option to uninstall and I don't see it anywhere in my Program Files folders. Since installing PD 9 I have run a dxdiag report and I do see an entry for "DirectX Version: DirectX 11". My question is, does this reference to DirectX 11 mean I have the MS DirectX runtime library installed? I would prefer not to have to uninstall PD 9, go out and get and install the MS DirectX runtime library and then reinstall PD 9, unless of course, I have to. I will include my current DxDiag report in case that helps. I just installed PD 9 today (12/15/2010) and have not had a chance to work with it to see if all is well or if there are any issues. Any help is appreciated.
 Filename
DxDiag_Redwing_Roger.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
337 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2010 16:46

Redwing Roger

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz processor, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB graphics card, 2nd internal HD - WD Black Caviar 2TB. PD 9 Ultra, Build 9.00.2330
[Post New]
That ReadMe.txt file was probably in need of update. You have DirectX 11 and should not need to make any changes to this.

[Post New]
Thanks FredB, that's what I was hoping to hear. Redwing Roger

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz processor, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB graphics card, 2nd internal HD - WD Black Caviar 2TB. PD 9 Ultra, Build 9.00.2330