Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screwed up PD9 Project
[Post New]
Has anyone ever had a PD9 project mix audio from one clip with video from another? This happened with about 6 clips in a project I'm working on.

Somehow this project got totally screwed up, but the file is not corrupt. Still opens.

Don't know if it's worth fixing or I should start over.
[Post New]
If you look at the clips in the timeline, are the video portions of each clip still lined up with the audio portions of each clip? It seems to me that, when I was moving some clips around on the timeline, something happened that resulted in the audio portions not moving in sync with the video portions. I think I may have just removed and then reinserted those clips to get the video and audio back in sync. Not sure if this helps. Redwing Roger

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz processor, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB graphics card, 2nd internal HD - WD Black Caviar 2TB. PD 9 Ultra, Build 9.00.2330
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK, What you've experienced Redwing may be a shift issue which is a bug in PD9.

I would like both of you to capture a screenshot and show it to us here. Basic info again - see below.

lerxst01, you may be able to return to the point where the problem began by using the Auto saved pds files.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2010 12:12

[Post New]
Dafydd,

I ran into the issue when just experimenting with PD9 and I did not keep that sample test project and as a result, I can't take a screen capture. It only happened to me one time to this point. Thanks. Redwing Roger

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz processor, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB graphics card, 2nd internal HD - WD Black Caviar 2TB. PD 9 Ultra, Build 9.00.2330
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Roger.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I have watched some of your work on "SeeMyWorldOnVideo". Thanks for posting those, they are good learning tools for me. Redwing Roger

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have to post more - I have not had a lot of time to process all the video I have (shoot in summer, edit over the winter ha ha). Some of the video is a bit old now and I'll have to revamp the site. Thank you for your comments.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Dafydd ,

Already fixed the file.

If it happens again I'll be sure to capture it.

Thanks,
~Tim
dale9532 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2010 05:14 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, there is a shift issue bug in PD9. I found out what caused it, so I've been working around it, but it slows me down in the projects. Here's what happens: let's say you have a bunch of video tracks in the video timeline, and you unlink a few of them and delete the audio portion, so that now you just have the videos there. If you then try to take those video clips and move them around in the timeline, it shifts ALL the rest of the video clips off their audio tracks without unlinking them. So I have to go back to each video track, unlink each one, align them, link each one, etc.