Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to capture my pictures and videos into PD9
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
I can't get PD9 to CAPTURE (import) from my USB connected camcorder.

Had to let Windows do the importing from 'CANON (G drive.

I used these steps:
PC Turned On
My camcorder OFF > Opened PD9 and selected CAPTURE (a little windows opened and quickly closed (unreadable)) >Turned camcorder ON >connected USB Port:
Nothing happened with PD9 on CAPTURE mode.
PC (Windows) gave me several choices ie. Picasa etc., I chose to Import with Windows. Every video was imported.

I'd really like for PD9 to CAPTURE.

help!? EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
I do not think you can use the capture function in that manner.

What you should be doing is copying the video files from your camera to a folder on your hard drive and then import them into PD9.

If your camera is recognized as G: drive, navigate to the video files, select them all and copy them to an appropriate folder on your hard drive.

I usually create the destination folder before I hook up the camera, then I know where I am going to copy them.

There should be instructions in your camera manual on how to copy(backup) your videos to the computer.

Hope this helps.

Hal

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2011 18:00

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
I just found, in the help file of PD9, how to import from a AVCHD camcorder, and going to try it next time.
I'm thinking that the PD9 software may provide features which may enhance the capture.
[Thumb - capturing media in help pd9.jpg]
 Filename
capturing media in help pd9.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Capturing from AVCHD camcorder
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
113 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 22. 2011 15:00

EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX