Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Printed PD9 Manual
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to get a printed PD9 Manual.
Office Max wants $162.00 for the 282 page in color.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2011 08:21

EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Are you asking you would like to get a printed manual? There is a printed manual?

This only has 134 pages, its from Cyberlink, and its free...
 Filename
PD 9 User Guide.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2023 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
384 time(s)

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Are you asking you would like to get a printed manual? There is a printed manual?

This only has 134 pages, its from Cyberlink, and its free...

I'd think the user is referring to the Introduction_to_Creative_Movie_Making_with_PDR.pdf http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/userguide_en_US.html
which is 282 pages and also free from CL but they would like a "printed copy", i.e. paper.

rcalzadilla, Most of those types of print shops in my area charge about $0.50-0.60 a sheet, smaller mom and pop print shops often much cheaper. Does your local city library offer color copy services from the computer center, ours does for $0.15 a sheet. I'm not aware that CL offers printed material like that, they don't even provide it with the boxed retail version.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm very much a "don't print it unless really necessary" and "save the trees" kinda of user.

My suggestion would be, buy a cheap inkjet printer, work out how to print even and odd pages and do it yourself from the above pdf's.

Just an opinion and not intended to cause upset.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
It would be easier for me to have a printed manual and not opening two windows and going back and forth between the two.
The idea about the Public Library is excellent and I am heading over there ASAP.

Agree about saving the trees as much as possible.

thanks for all replies EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, just printed the PD9 Guide (131pgs more or less) with my own printer. Front and back of each sheet of paper, so it takes half the number of sheets. A ream of 500 sheets costs about $6.00. (1 cent/page)
Most of the print is black and white so it mostly used the black ink. A black ink cartridge costs around $23.00 and lasts 480 pages. (5 cents/page).
A color cartridge is about $29 or 330 pages. (9 cents/page)
Took it to FedEx Office and for $5.49 they bound it with a spiral and included a front an back protective plastic sheet.
I am guessing it cost me around $11 to $12 all told. Maybe less.

Now the manual lays flat as I read the instructions. Right next to the left of my keyboard.
Happy camper, now.

thanks for all the ideas.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2011 19:10

EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.