Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
rcalzadillaCannot uninstall PD9
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
When I try to uninstall >control panel>programs>uninstall and select PD9 I get this:
Can't load Forward CDKey.dll.

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear about the problem you are having. I had a similar problem with another piece of software, which partially uninstalled and then got stuck, half in and half out. Couldn't uninstall, couldn't reinstall.

Thanks to this forum and the one at DirectorZone, I was made aware of a software product that some of the pros here use called Revo Uninstaller Pro. There could well be other products, but I went with it and it will do a forced uninstall when stuff gets jammed. I have been very happy with the product and purchased it for the three computers in the house.

Please accept my apologies, Dafydd. I know that I am supposed to endorse products on this forum, but CL does not make a product that does this kind of thing and the user is just trying to accomplish a PD9 unistall so that he or she can reinstall. I will accept any punishment imposed, except please don't banish me - I am learning so much.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink does not have uninstall software. The catch is when you refer to someone else's software that CYberlink also has especially video editing software. However mentioning the Windows built in stuff is normally tolerated as it is part of your Windows OS.

Revo uninstaller (free) or CCleaner (also free) are two very good ones. I use both.

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your replies.
Tried both uninstallers and both started running then:
Can't Load Forward CDKey_dll

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 05. 2011 11:34

EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Success!
Tried the regular uninstall in Revo, which didn't work, then did a Forced Uninstall with Revo and it worked.
Then the program showed a long list of leftovers and files which were offered to either ignore or clean. I chose to clean/delete (not sure which word) to each of the windows.
I have now installed PD9 again and it's working perfectly.

Had another program I couldn't uninstall and took care of that with the first try.
Revo is definitely a keeper.

Thanks very much.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 06. 2011 13:41

EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Glad that you are happy with Revo and that it worked for you. Wonderful.

About CCleaner - I thought that just removed Registry entries. It wizzes by far too fast to be actually uninstalling the program, or so I thought. I will welcome correction ...

Sorry again, Dafydd, for "bending" forum rules.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Glad Revo worked. Been around for years. Sometimes I will uninstall with Revo and then use CCleaner to clean up the registry some more. Yes CCleaner does have program uninstall function too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2011 22:00

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
garioch7
[Post New]
Thanks for correcting me, Bubba. Always something new to learn. Only used CCleaner once and that was after a CL program (PowerDVD) was uninstalled, partially.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Phil,
Not a problem... I wear really dark glasses lately.

I'm designing a piece of equipment for my HDContour camera. It works swell and I can kiss goodbye to ski goggles

Cofion gorau
Dafydd