Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

It's working again.

Thanks. Indeed it is. Glad they figured it out.

Thanks again for letting us know.

I will, don't worry. And is cyberlink doesn't resolve it soon, I will stop updating their program and ofcourse the payment, aswell as a lot of friends that I know will do the same.

They say it's not due to Adobe Flash. I just got back from the local mall and it does the same on their wifi network so it's not the network. They were able to replicate the behavior and say it mainly affects U.S. servers and some other regions. They have escalated the problem to their engineering team. We'll just have to wait for a response and hopefully, a fix.

It has somway to do with the Adobe Flash Player End of Support
The last update of windows 10: KB5003690 did delete the flash player

That makes sense. What concerns me though is why Cyberlink didn't anticipate this and also we can't be the only two PowerDVD owners that applied the Windows 10 update including that KB. I would think there would be a flood of posts. Maybe there's a workaround. I'll let you know if I find a solution and please do the same by posting here.

I have the same problem. Even on the website that you get with clicking on "see all".
On the site https://www.moovielive.com/movie/movieindex.do?utm_source=pdvd&utm_medium=21&utm_campaign=embedded_page#getUpcomingMovies:1:0, it says "connection is not secured"
see attachment in dutch

Since several of us are having the exact same problem, it must have something to do with security settings that are not letting us view images on the website or see them displayed within PowerDVD, I don't think there is anything wrong with our computers or network. I would go ahead and open a ticket with Cyberlink unless you've already done so.

Unless they can find some common cause peculiar to our two systems, we'll just have to wait for an update I guess. I don't use the movie info at all, but when I pay good money, I like a program to work as it's intended.

I had the same problem as did others a few years ago. At that time, an upgrade solved my problem. Here is that original thread.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51570.page

Hello,

Everything is normal for me in all versions of PowerDVD I have, including version 21. The MoovieLive web site is also fine.

Can you share some screenshots so we can see what you're seeing?

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Hi and thanks for your help. Screenshot is attached. I uninstalled and reinstalled PowerDVD Ultra 21 (clean install). No change. I also started PC in safe mode. No change.

It could be something in the network path in my local area that is causing the problem. Like I said though, all other programs and apps on my PC including databases work and update as they should so I'm stumped at this point. I did open a ticket with Cyberlink, but no reply yet.
Quote Hello,

Can you try uninstalling and then reinstaling PowerDVD 21 again? This time, do not import your previous settings from the previous version, i.e. do a clean install. See if that makes a difference.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

I will do so, but one thing interesting I found out yesterday. I have 2 other PCs (laptops) running Windows 10 home and Pro. One has PowerDVD 14 and the other, PowerDVD17. Neither one can get images to appear for movies/TV in PC mode. They both worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Also, I found if I go to the Moovielive.com website, the images on their website do not show up using any browser on any computer I have. It's got to be a problem on their end. I even did a repair reinstall of Windows 10 on my desktop PC and the problem still persists. I checked my Windows firewall settings and all Cyberlink services have inbound/outbound permissions.
I'm wondering if a recent Windows update could have broken something? On one of the other laptops that I checked yesterday, a brief message appeared that said "A windows update has changed settings in the registry, Cyberlink needs administrator permission to make corrections". This is very odd indeed.

Are you able to see images on your personal copy of PowerDVD? Could you please check the moovielive.com website to see if you can see images there? Thanks and I'll report back.
This started a few days ago with PowerDVD Ultra 19. I upgraded to Ultra 21 today and the issue is still there.
When you open PowerDVD in PC mode, Movie/TV will show a description, but no images.My internet connection is fine and other programs that require access to databases such as IMDB work as they should. How do I get PowerDVD to display the images as it should? I'll get a title, but just a black box where the image should be.
Quote I believe it is the same as PowerDirector 365, which is you can install it on more than one PC, but can only run it on one of them at a time.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I finally was able to confirm this with Cyberlink. Only one can be used at a time which would be no problem for me.
Does anyone know if PowerDVD by subscription is only for one PC? Do you have to purchase a subscription for each PC in your home? Nowhere in the FAQs does it explain this. If you buy the program, I know it's for one PC, but what about the subscription service?
Same here. They need to fix this. Very annoying.
Glad you finally got it solved. That also explains why a later version worked.
It's been a good while, but somehow when I upgraded to PowerDVD 17 it solved the problem.
Quote This is not 1990.

Drag and drop is not a fix at all. I use an application that refrences .ifo for playback and such it no longer works. My video library is large and I have no desire to search by folder and drag drop. I will continue to use 16 instead.

Also playing the ifo has worked perfectly fine and it is how dvds work. It causes no issue what so ever. In fact it can't can't cause the .ifo file is disk information telling the drive what is on the disk.

To put it simply the feature needs to be restored.

I agree it was much easier to just double-click the .IFO file. Maybe they will take your suggestion and restore the functionality.
Quote I upgraded PowerDVD 14 to PowerDVD 17 last night. The upgrade left both versions intact. I have some video files saved to my harddrive that I normally start playing by double-clicking on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. PowerDVD 14 will still open and start playing the video, but PowerDVD 17 does nothing. Even if I right-click and select "open with PowerDVD 17", it will not open and start playing the video. No error message, just nothing happens. PowerDVD 17 will play DVD/BDs inserted in the optical drive.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Some sort of conflict during the upgrade?

New PowerDVD version places the disc folder playback entry on the playback control bar (at the bottom of movie disc playback page).
No longer support to launch IFO file solely to open disc folder playback.

You can find a folder icon button there to play your disc folder.

---The above information is from CyberLink support---

I think the IFO file is video disc info file for disc folder playback and identification.

If it is solely stored at any folder or the folder is not a complete video disc folder, your double-clicking launching would cause more compatibility or disc folder recognition problems for a player.

Thanks for the reply. i figured it out. If you drag the entire video_ts folder into PowerDVD 17 it will start playback.

I hadn't realized you could no longer start playback by merely clicking on the .IFO file as before.
I upgraded PowerDVD 14 to PowerDVD 17 last night. The upgrade left both versions intact. I have some video files saved to my harddrive that I normally start playing by double-clicking on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. PowerDVD 14 will still open and start playing the video, but PowerDVD 17 does nothing. Even if I right-click and select "open with PowerDVD 17", it will not open and start playing the video. No error message, just nothing happens. PowerDVD 17 will play DVD/BDs inserted in the optical drive.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Some sort of conflict during the upgrade?
Quote Hi robbie1,

Please delete the cache data under: C:\Users\(USER_NAME)\AppData\Local\CyberLink

You should make hidden files and folders visible first.

Greetings

Hicham

Thanks, but I tried that and it didn't make any difference. I opened a ticket with support and they had me download and install it again, deleting all the old folders before I did. The new Ultra 14 they supplied does the same thing. I just cleared the appdata cache again and still no luck. I don't see how it could be a firewall or router issue as I have other programs on my computer that can access databases of movies, music etc. like IMDB, gracenote, etc. I've run scandisc, full antivirus scans including one with Malwarebytes and nothing turns up. I'm wondering if there is a process I might have accidentally stopped that cyberlink needs to access the movie info? The fact that two different versions of PowerDVD are doing it on two different computers has me mystified. Both versions are legitimate, paid versions and I furnished tech support the receipt information. It's not a huge deal as I can still use the software to watch movies. If anything else comes to mind, please let me know.
I use PowerDVD 14 one one desktop PC and PowerDVD 13 on a laptop. Both in the last couple of days cannot access the 'Movie Information Service". I get a "navigation error-retry" message and to "check your internet connection". I recently installed a new router, but my internet connection is fine. The desktop PC is wired and the laptop wireless. Both have an internet connection.

Is this movie service offline or is there a problem on my end?
I have PowerDVD Ultra Build 4704.58. Sometimes, when inserting a regular DVD, it will play a few seconds of the movie, then stop at the "resume"/"restart" screen. If I click on "resume", it will resume playing. Other media players on the same computer, i.e., WMP, VLC, etc. will play the same disc with no problem and/or stopping. After many months of no issues, it had started doing the same to my PowerDVD Ultra 13 program which I upgraded thinking it would solve the issue. I tried a different DVD reader/burner on the same computer and it still does it. Also, if I click on the "next" scroll button, sometimes it will cause PowerDVD to stop as well and other times it will advance the chapter as expected. Any ideas?
I finally got mine yesterday. Try sending them another message referencing the original CS#.
I purcahsed 2 copies of PowerDVD 9 within 30 days of the version 10 release date. I was promised TWO PowerDVD 10 axctivation keys an d upgrade links which were never sent.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

ear Robert,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related to free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 software.

In regards to your concern, I want to inform you that our sales team offer a free upgrade to PowerDVD 10, as you have bought the PowerDVD 9 within 30 days prior to the launch of PowerDVD 10 software on March 17' 2010.

Our sales team will send you the the PowerDVD 10 Ultra (free upgrade PowerDVD 9 to PowerDVD 10) with the activation code by end of April' 2010.

If you will not receive the software by the end of April' 2010, then you can contact us back.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp
Go to: