Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I purcahsed 2 copies of PowerDVD 9 within 30 days of the version 10 release date. I was promised TWO PowerDVD 10 axctivation keys an d upgrade links which were never sent.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

ear Robert,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related to free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 software.

In regards to your concern, I want to inform you that our sales team offer a free upgrade to PowerDVD 10, as you have bought the PowerDVD 9 within 30 days prior to the launch of PowerDVD 10 software on March 17' 2010.

Our sales team will send you the the PowerDVD 10 Ultra (free upgrade PowerDVD 9 to PowerDVD 10) with the activation code by end of April' 2010.

If you will not receive the software by the end of April' 2010, then you can contact us back.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp
Thanks David and I'll check that out. It's most likely windows 7 related as you suggest.
I recently upgraded to PowerDVD 9 Ultra (build 252 from Power DVD 8.
Now, when I insert a regular DVD into my DVD drive, PowerDVD opens and then immediately minimizes as an icon to the taskbar. I can click on the icon and then it will open normally on the screen, but I never have had this happen before. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 64 Professional. PowerDVD 9 is latest patch to 2528 and java is up to date.
Guys, I couldn't agree more. Competitor's products have had no trouble at all with this disc. I would open a ticket and ask for either a working patch or a refund. Even if they were to fix the problem today, I am so turned off by their response (or lack of one) that I never plan to buy another Cyberlink product.
I'm not sure about the keyboard shortcuts, but you may be able to give them a call. I think they have an online chat system too.

You might also look at Arcsoft's TMT3.

http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/software_title.asp?ProductCode=TMT3P

Even if the trials are for the regular version, that might give you an idea about the shortcuts. I doubt if the pro version would remove any features.
Try Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro. It's a great program, will play anything out there and they regularly provide updates. They also answer support requests in a timely manner.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1189528458632#versionTabview=tab1&tabview=tab0
When does Cyberlink plan to patch versions 7 and 8 so users can view 2012 Blu-Ray? Version 9 has been patched to build 2528 which fixes the issue, but nothing has been done for version 7 and 8 users.
Well, at least you now have a good settop player. I think most new releases will continue to play using your version 7 software. I have read on other forums where it is thought that it's a problem with the Sony disc itself.
Rick,
I've never seen this, but go ahead and open a support ticket with Cyberlink and tell them you have the OEM version. Leave the serial#/key blank if you don't know it.
They should respond within a couple of business days and may ask for more information.It's worth a try.
I agree 100% and their silence on this issue is inexcusable.
John,
I was running AnyDVD HD latest version on my PCs, so simply adding or updating it will probably not solve the 2012 problem. I also doubt if it is a firmware issue, because all my drives had the latest firmware and other players (such as Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro) will play this movie. I'm just kind of puzzled why Cyberlink hasn't issued an update to patch the older versions of PowerDVD, especially version 8.
John,
There is definitely something wrong here besides PowerDVD. PowerDVD 9 Ultra build 2528 should play any Blu-Ray out there. I have all 3 of those Blu-Rays and they play fine. It wasn't clear from your post, but have you ever been able to play any Blu-Ray discs? Download and run the BD Advisor from Cyberlinks site. Everything should be green if your PC is capable of Blu-Ray playback.
Thanks, Christopher. I just broke down and upgraded to Ultra 9. As you said, you have to apply the patch to version 2528. I'm just wondering what they plan to do about version 8 users.
I just tried it again using PowerDVD 8 (OEM) and this time the menu appeared and the disc played so they may be pushing updates.
Someone just posted on another forum that the latest build of PowerDVD9
Ultra fixes the problem. No word on a patch or fix for previous builds and versions though.
Same here. I understand neither PowerDVD 8 or 9 will handle the menu for this disc. They need to issue a patch. Other software such as Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro will play this Blu-Ray so it's a Cyberlink problem.
Many postings on the Any DVD HD forum over at Slysoft.com on this issue.
I think I found the answer on another forum:

Quote:
On Blu-ray it is both disc and player dependent.

IF the disc uses Java, then you can forget any resume play. If it doesn't use Java, AND the player DOES support resume play, then it tends to work, but so far players haven't implemented any multi-disc memory that survives a power cycle...

As for DVD, not all BD players have a DVD resume facility, and again none seem to have multi-disc memory.

end quote:

I just posted a topic and it disappeared???? So here goes again:
When playing Blu-Ray discs in PowerDVD 9 (1530, there is no option to resume like there is for regular DVDs. If you hit the stop button and then play, the disc always starts from the beginning. Why won't Blu-Ray discs give you the option to resume?
Using version 9.0.1530.0.
If I pause a Blu-Ray disc, it will start up at the spot where I left off. However, if I hit stop and then play it always reverts to the beginning of the disks. The resume feature works fine for regular DVDs. I am using Vista 64. What am I doing wrong? I like to watch movies over 2 or 3 nights sometimes and hate to have to write down where I left off.
Go to: