Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi -

The clear answer you were looking for is "No". Title Designer has no word wrap.

It's manual returns/enter or copy/paste from Notepad/Word, as Playsound suggested.

Cheers - Tony
Hi harn22 -

Why not add your 6 minute video as a First Play Video? i.e. it plays before the menu opens

Cheers - Tony
Hi Steven -

Success with Motion Tracker - or how easy it is - very much depends on the content of the video you're using.

In these examples, you can see that the simpler the background & the more predictable the movement, the easier it will be. As the background gets more complex with objects crossing over & the motion is more erratic, the more difficult the task.

Simple example:

Range of examples:

I've found it works best if you select a small area of contrasting colour to track e.g. someone's head against the sky, a bright shirt etc.

Can you post a screenshot of a frame in your video with the subject highlighted?

Cheers - Tony
Hi pmikep -

I've been playing with the trial too. Lots of good improvements & features over the previus versions.

Will SR 3 come with PD 17?

I don't know for sure, but I'd think that's unlikely given that it's now on sale.

Cheers - Tony
Hi CM120884 -

Don't be alarmed. That problem is well known in video rendering... & not just with PDR. Even far more "pro" software does similar things. The degree is what varies.

Producing to MP4 involves compression, so first of all PDR (and other NLEs) have to decode the colours - then they have to re-encode them for the rendered video.

Then you have the other variable - media players, televisions etc (i.e. the thing that facilitates the viewing).

As an example, I made a little video containing only plain coloured boards with the colours labelled their RGB values. After rendering as H.264 MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 16Mbps, I viewed the produced video in a numbare of players & other software. For this post I only grabbed the red slide and checked its rendered RGB value. Originally it was 255, 0, 0.

As you can see, there's barely any difference between the colour patches at the side... but it can make a difference when viewing a video. The whole thing might look a but duller, or darker/lighter.

Each app bumped up the green value, which makes it closer to yellow (unless the blue value also shifts).

I know - I get carried away sometimes.

Here's the rendered video if yo'd like to check with your equipment.

If you could post snapshots of the same frame in (a) the original video in PDR & (B) the produced video in PDR that might help.

Cheers - Tony
The key thing with copying and pasting keyframe attributes is the keyframes.

Shadows, borders etc don't have keyframes attached to them, so those attributes cannot be copied & pasted.

Another key thing is aspect ratio. If the two objects have a different aspect ratio (not size), copying & pasting keyframe attributes will result in a distorted mess.

In this packed PDR15 project, there's one image that's roughly 1:2 & another that's roughly 3:2. The first one has position & rotation keyframes set. See what happens when you try to copy/paste keyframe attributes to the second image. EEK surprised

Cheers - Tony
Hi Yousefz -

What Hatti suggested is right.

In Title Designer, all you can do with an imported image is fade it in & out. Motion can't be applied.

An alternative (Hatti's suggestion) is to have your lower third in one track, with whatever motion you want to set in PiP Designer, & the text on a separate track.

Another possibility is creating a particle from the lower third graphic & importing that into Title Designer.

Some examples:
Lower third made in Title Designer with text - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472445
Lower third graphic only made in PiP Designer - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472446
Lower third matching text for above - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472447

Cheers - Tony
This has probably been put up dozens of times before, but I wanted to give it a poke. What prompted me to give it a poke was this in the release notes for the 2313 update patch:

... but we're still back where we were. It was unfixed, then fixed (it says so) then it was unfixed again?

The only way to retain transparency of a .png snapshot is to insert a completely transparent background in Track 1.

OK - it may not be a big deal in the scheme of things, but it annoys me enough to prompt this post.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Steve -

Mandaulic though it is, your first approach is the right one for your purposes.

Even though Motion Tracker “sounds” like it might be what you’re after, it cannot do the zoom/crop required to centre your subject.

Other users have raised the same issue. e.g. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50131.page

Cheers - Tony
Hi Daniel -

This annotated screen capture might help you with those VLC settings.

If something's not working properly, make sure sure you run VLC Player "as administrator".

Cheers - Tony
Hi David -

I think Longedge's VLC suggestion will work well for you. Here are some written instructions that might help.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Julien Pierre -

Quote: As far as the difference in size between "freeze frame" and "media library" in PDR, it is because the former is at full resolution (4K) and the later is HD only

That's not the case - both Freeze Frame & Media Library snapshots are full resolution, in this case 3840x2160.

I had a bit of a dig into JPG compression ratios, which explains the very low file sizes. I used JPEGsnoop to analyse various JPG snapshots.

BTW - your Pana GX85 uses a compression ratio of ~11.46:1

Anyway, aside from the issue with timeline snapshots, it's eneough to convince you NOT to set file preferences to JPG snapshots in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Julien Pierre -

Apples & oranges... comparing a JPG to PNG. Still, what used to be an excellent feature in PDR is now a bit of a pain.

VLC Player does do excellent snapshots. PDR can too. In the timeline, with the timeline marker where you want, right click > Edit video/image > Freeze Frame will give you a full resolution snapshot.

Snapshot from UHD video (.png format)
VLC - 16.1MB
PDR Freeze Frame - 16.2MB
PDR Media Library - 5.98MB (??? go figure)

Snapshot from UHD video (.jpg format)
VLC - 2.11MB
PDR Freeze Frame - 708KB
PDR Media Library - 671KB

Clearly PDR uses maximum compression for .JPGs!

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

I have an apology to make. Before uploaded those Multi-layer projects, I failed to check them. Fortunately a kind colleague pointed out that Multi-Layer 2 wasn't a packed project at all. I've corrected my error & fixed the link embarassed

strifemit - if you feel like a small challenge - see if you can create something like this in PDR16. You can see that it uses 5 tracks.

1. Track1 - Background video

2. Track2 - Green screen video (you may recognise that guy)

3. Track3 - Lower Third

4. Track4 - Logo

5. Track5 - Title

Good practice at chroma key for when you get yours ready to go.

Here's the project. All it has is the media in the Media Library & nothing in the timelines.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

I'm sorry you got lost, but no worry.

It was really just to show you the way the timelines woud have been set up to create that sequence in your initial screenshot. I wasn't expecting you to "do anything" with it, apart from looking at the timeline/PiP Designer set up.

As you can see, there are different elements inserted in different tracks. That's how you get that layered effect.

Right now, my main PC is giving me grief or I'd do a screen capture to see if that might help.

Cheers - Tony
Hi leaMarie1980 -

When you open PiP Designer, there should be two main tabs - Properties & Motion. I'm assuming you're not referring to that.

In the keyframes section, there have been some layout changes over different versions. In PDR11, for example, there were "Motion" keyframes. PDR16 and other recent versions have "Position" keyframes.

They both mean the same thing.

Cheers - Tony
Hi strifemit -

Here's a little something for you to explore and play with. I've packed two short projects, which both use a number of tracks, just like the tutorial example (made by forum members) you grabbed the snapshot from.

These projects each have:

1. a background video in Track 1

2. a green screen (chroma keyed) video in Track 2

3. graphics &/or tiles in the other tracks.

That's just how that sequence was made in the tutorial.

Here are the packed projects - Multi-Layer Project 1 & Multi-Layer Project 2

When you unzip the packed projects, open them in PDR16. Open each element in PiP Designer/Title Designer & you'll see what's been done to it.

Good luck. See how you go.

Cheers - Tony
... posted twice for some reason... undecided
Yes - exactly those versions. I don't know that there are any other (???).

The about screens from AD1 & AD2 are attached to show you the exact versions I used for the previous screenshots.

Cheers - Tony
Hi vinnielo -

Quote: Also, since you have a Gear 360 as well, what's with the limitation of 11:28 (11 minutes 28 seconds) on the videos?
Any longer and the camera splits them into those files.

I don't have one, but it seems to be an overheating issue that causes the camera to stop then start again - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Gear-360-Questions-Answers/2017-Gear-360-2-major-recording-issues/td-p/124278

I just checked and the Produce options in AD1 & AD2 are the same for bothe H.264 & H.265, except that AD2 has an extra 4096x2048 profile in each. Screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Fran.m -

I understand your frustration, but didn't you believe me last time?

Those things that are called "particles" in some of the title templates are sometimes particles but often animations (like the facebook one). Either way, they can't be moved or resized in Title Designer.

The only way to do it (that I know) is to remake the particle or animation. It's a pain in the neck, but that's how it is.

e.g. Just like the facebook template you're referring to, the template called "Movie - Opening 1" has a built in animation (not actually a particle). It's stuck where it is and can only be modified by doing what I did yesterday. There are hundreds of templates just like that.

Unfortunately, we're all just PDR users. We don't make the software. Some members might come up with workarounds, but that's about all we can do in cases like this.

My usual workaround is to make PiP Objects from the animation files. That way they're more flexible for positioning and sizing.

Did you download the two templates I put on DZ for you? They solved your issue!

Here's the PiP Object - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472396

and the matching title - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472397

Cheers - Tony
Go to: