Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Do I Create as Attached
strifemit [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 15, 2017 20:17 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

In the attached the person is overlayed onto a picture. How do I do this or is there a tutorial that shows specifically how this is created?
[Thumb - picture-behind-person-1.jpg]
 Filename
picture-behind-person-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
106 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Presumably the person is a video, not an image.

If it is a video, then it will have been shot against a green (or blue) screen and then chromakey used to show the underlying image/video.

There will be plenty of tutorial greenscreen videos out there to show the concept and implementation in PDR. Whilst it is simple in theory, it can be complex in practise to achieve a good result, so view as many approaches as you can to get the best approach that suits your setup and experience.

If it is an image it will have been done by using a .png image with a transparent background.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
Presumably the person is a video, not an image.

If it is a video, then it will have been shot against a green (or blue) screen and then chromakey used to show the underlying image/video.

There will be plenty of tutorial greenscreen videos out there to show the concept and implementation in PDR. Whilst it is simple in theory, it can be complex in practise to achieve a good result, so view as many approaches as you can to get the best approach that suits your setup and experience.

If it is an image it will have been done by using a .png image with a transparent background.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you. Probably beyond my skill. What is a mask? Can I cut much of the background out and then overlaying that on a background. If I can what would I use or is there a specific tutorial that shows this?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
try Tony's Shifting masked video and his PDtoots/videos
and or Malik's PowerDirector University .

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote try Tony's Shifting masked video and his PDtoots/videos
and or Malik's PowerDirector University .

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thank you. I'll see how I am doing in 5 years when I've worked through all the PDTools. I can see there are quite a lot.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi strifemit -

Here's a little something for you to explore and play with. I've packed two short projects, which both use a number of tracks, just like the tutorial example (made by forum members) you grabbed the snapshot from.

These projects each have:

1. a background video in Track 1

2. a green screen (chroma keyed) video in Track 2

3. graphics &/or tiles in the other tracks.

That's just how that sequence was made in the tutorial.

Here are the packed projects - Multi-Layer Project 1 & Multi-Layer Project 2

When you unzip the packed projects, open them in PDR16. Open each element in PiP Designer/Title Designer & you'll see what's been done to it.

Good luck. See how you go.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2018 02:43

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi strifemit -

Here's a little something for you to explore and play with. I've packed two short projects, which both use a number of tracks, just like the tutorial example (made by forum members) you grabbed the snapshot from.

When you unzip the packed projects, open them in PDR16. Open each element in PiP Designer/Title Designer & you'll see what's been done to it.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony - how do I get the zips onto my laptop? I should know but my mind couldn't work it out.

I have been quite busy buying a green backsheet and trying out the functionality. The zips could help me tidy up some of the stuff I tested. The output was quite good but definitely needs a little more tweaking.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
with the button in the upper right corner shown on attached image:
[Thumb - Zwischenablage01.jpg]
 Filename
Zwischenablage01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote with the button in the upper right corner shown on attached image:

Thank you Hatti. I should have seen that.
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi strifemit -

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Got completely lost.

I am not sure what I should be doing with it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

I'm sorry you got lost, but no worry.

It was really just to show you the way the timelines woud have been set up to create that sequence in your initial screenshot. I wasn't expecting you to "do anything" with it, apart from looking at the timeline/PiP Designer set up.

As you can see, there are different elements inserted in different tracks. That's how you get that layered effect.

Right now, my main PC is giving me grief or I'd do a screen capture to see if that might help.

Cheers - Tony
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi again -

I'm sorry you got lost, but no worry.

It was really just to show you the way the timelines woud have been set up to create that sequence in your initial screenshot. I wasn't expecting you to "do anything" with it, apart from looking at the timeline/PiP Designer set up.

As you can see, there are different elements inserted in different tracks. That's how you get that layered effect.

Right now, my main PC is giving me grief or I'd do a screen capture to see if that might help.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I have been progressing quite well. Current problem is the sun behind my green cloth. Later in the day it shouldn't be a problem. I have it working pretty well now. Takes all that time fiding the cloth, hanging it up, testing, sorting out the lwebcam settings, pulling hair out but finally it is coming together. Thank for the help.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi again -

I have an apology to make. Before uploaded those Multi-layer projects, I failed to check them. Fortunately a kind colleague pointed out that Multi-Layer 2 wasn't a packed project at all. I've corrected my error & fixed the link embarassed

strifemit - if you feel like a small challenge - see if you can create something like this in PDR16. You can see that it uses 5 tracks.

1. Track1 - Background video

2. Track2 - Green screen video (you may recognise that guy)

3. Track3 - Lower Third

4. Track4 - Logo

5. Track5 - Title

Good practice at chroma key for when you get yours ready to go.

Here's the project. All it has is the media in the Media Library & nothing in the timelines.

Cheers - Tony
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi again -

I have an apology to make. Before uploaded those Multi-layer projects, I failed to check them. Fortunately a kind colleague pointed out that Multi-Layer 2 wasn't a packed project at all. I've corrected my error & fixed the link embarassed

strifemit - if you feel like a small challenge - see if you can create something like this in PDR16. You can see that it uses 5 tracks.

1. Track1 - Background video

2. Track2 - Green screen video (you may recognise that guy)

3. Track3 - Lower Third

4. Track4 - Logo

5. Track5 - Title

Good practice at chroma key for when you get yours ready to go.

Here's the project. All it has is the media in the Media Library & nothing in the timelines.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I would take up the challenge but I have already got that far. Major problem at the moment is getting the green background working with lighting. I have the cloth and a piece of black cloth to put behind it to keep the sun from shining through. The cloth is 3 by 3 meters and difficult to manage. Now I am thinking of fixing it to a frame and someone will help me with that Monday. In fact this has been the main task to sort out for a while. Then it is a matter of creating an introduction to my video series. The introduction to the introduction is done including sound. I am looking for backgrounds now that work and fit my topic in the meantime. Hopefully first decent cut before I take off to Melbourne and Singapore mid April. Video series - Communication and YOU.