Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Fran.m -

I understand your frustration, but didn't you believe me last time?

Those things that are called "particles" in some of the title templates are sometimes particles but often animations (like the facebook one). Either way, they can't be moved or resized in Title Designer.

The only way to do it (that I know) is to remake the particle or animation. It's a pain in the neck, but that's how it is.

e.g. Just like the facebook template you're referring to, the template called "Movie - Opening 1" has a built in animation (not actually a particle). It's stuck where it is and can only be modified by doing what I did yesterday. There are hundreds of templates just like that.

Unfortunately, we're all just PDR users. We don't make the software. Some members might come up with workarounds, but that's about all we can do in cases like this.

My usual workaround is to make PiP Objects from the animation files. That way they're more flexible for positioning and sizing.

Did you download the two templates I put on DZ for you? They solved your issue!

Here's the PiP Object - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472396

and the matching title - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472397

Cheers - Tony
Hi Fran.M -

Similar questions come up quite often, mainly because the animations in many of the titles are completely inflexible. Because of their structure, they can't be moved or resized.

The only way to do it is to get hold of the animation files, which are separate .png images. Then each image has to be modified.

If you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Titles\PDR13_Click to Add_16_9 you'll see all those .png files... named "like_000(0)" to "like_299"

Now - you could import those directly into PDR, set the durations to 00:00:00:01 and you'll have an animation. By resizing & repositioning one of the images, then copying & pasting keyframe attributes to the rest, you'd get what you wanted.

You're probably thinking that's a pain in the proverbial, & no-one here would disagree!

I took a few minutes to turn that animation into a PiP Object, which means it can be moved & resized. Then I made a separate title template to match it.

Here's the PiP Object - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472396
and the matching title - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472397

In the timeline, they need to be set up like this...

Cheers - Tony
Hi leaMarie1980 -

Quote: I want to copy mask and customized motion and placements, as well as size.

Just as Playsound says, all of that can be done using copy/paste keyframe attributes... but NOT masks. Customised motion, placement, size? Yes. Masks? No.

Cheers - Tony
Do you have your transition preferences set to Overlap or Cross type? They look different on the timeline & behave differently in playback.

Glad the screen capture was of some help.

Cheers - Tony
From your screenshot, you're getting that error message in the Capture module. I have the same webcam & I've NEVER had such an error message.

I couldn't even suggest what the issue might be.

Have you tried reinstalling the Logitech driver for your webcam?

Until this is resolved, you can always just record the video from your C920, then import that into PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

I can't quite follow what you're up to with transitions. i.e. what's working for you & what's not.

Maybe there's something in this short annotated screen capture (not a tutorial) that will help you.

Hope it helps somehow.

Cheers - Tony
That's right -

A transition can only be placed:

1. where 2 clips butt up to each other

2. at the start or end of a clip

A transition cannot be placed:

1. in the middle of a clip that hasn't been split

2. somewhere out on its own in the timeline!

3. where there's the slightest gap between two clips (e.g. 1 frame)

Cheers - Tony
Hi Dekade -

I know the CL Screen Recorder cannot highlight the cursor (only the clicks) but... Question: If you use CL Screen Recorder and attempt to record both system audio & microphone, are both present in the recording?

I just tested the Movavi Screen Recorder and there is microphone & system audio present in the recording... both the MKV & MP4 I saved it as. Both lots of audio play back correctly in media players & PDR. The side-by-side MediaInfo reports are attached.

The reason I checked is that I thought the MKV may have had 2 separate audio tracks. That's not the case.

I wouldn't be too concerned about "converting". You can see by the MediaInfo reports the properties are pretty much identical.

Cheers - Tony
Hi strifemit -

Steve's right - "does not work" is a bit nondescript. Do you mean it does not record at all in the Capture module?

An issue with Logitech C920 was raised in the PDR14 forum. This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but maybe the fix posted by Dafydd B in this thread might correct whatever it is that's wrong.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: Are chapters made in PD readable by the Zoom Player?

As the chapters created in PDR only apply when you burn to disc or create a folder in the Create Disc module, that's the only way Zoom Player will read the chapters. i.e. if you open the DVD/BR in Zoom Player, or if you open the .VOB file created by PDR, Zoom Player recognises the chapters and responds appropriately.

Back on my other little investigation about whether the chapters created by either Drax or Zoom are recognised when playing the video directly through a TV media player... I'm pretty sure the answer is NO, though it may be just the TV I used to test. No "skip" button on the remote caused the video to skip to the next chapter.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Dekade -

Yes - it works just as described in that tutorial.

Once your chapters/bookmarks are set up, just hit Alt+N and you're in the Chapter Browser. From there you can directly play from any selected chapter marker.

We're both learning!

Cheers - Tony
First - Alain II - as far as I can tell, DRAX works with .MP4 & .MOV files. It wouldn't even look at .mkv, .m2ts or .wmv. The good news is that it does what it says it'll do reasonably easily.

Dekade - that's excellent research. I downloaded the free version of Zoom Player and put it through its paces before JJ (student) arrived this afternoon.

We set up her chapters using both Zoom & Drax. That all went well & works as expected. Sadly, the Zoom formatted chapters only work with the Zoom Player, where the Drax formatted chapters are more universal.

I haven't yet tested it playing directly on the TV & skipping chapters with the remote, but I fully expect it to be fine.

Another thing we did, & this would probably suit your purposes, is to set up playlists in WMP & MPC-HC. A playlist is as good as a Contents page - just select & play.

Cheers - Tony
I'll let you know after my student returns for our next session. Thus far we've only downloaded the app and checked through the help file.

I try to take a hands-off (the mouse) approach & let her have control... so I haven't even touched it again since she left.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Paddy -

Thanks for the "enlightenment" laughing I had no idea Microsoft Photos could do such a thing!

I've now explored it fairly thoroughly & it's quite amazing what it can do with video... trim, combine, slo-mo, draw on, add effects etc. I had no idea!

BUT - for your purposes of maintaining maximum quality - I wouldn't recommend it. A few things happened in my testing that make me say that... mainly to do with video bitrate.

1. Imported a .MOV clip from Canon 70D, 1920x1080/30p @ 87.3Mbps - trimmed it and saved a copy. There were no options for output quality. Resolution & frame rate were retained, but bitrate dropped to 27.8Mbps. MediaInfo attached.

2. The only output option is MP4, so you get AAC audio.

3. Used the "Create a video" feature to combine a number of clips (all from Canon 70D) & exported to the maximum quality (Large). The original video bitrates were all ~30Mbps. The rendered file from Photos dropped to 11.6Mbps. Side-by-side MediaInfo attached.

I only mentioned all that because your original question was: "Can I do that in power director without losing original file quality?"

Cheers - Tony
Hi Dekade -

I'm not sure about a table of contents, but I was helping a uni student with something similar recently. She was wanting to put chapter markers (not a table of contents) in a video presentation.

In tracking down how to do that, I came across this tutorial. Maybe it'll meet your needs.

In PDR, without using Create Disc, that can't be done (to my knowledge).

Cheers - Tony
G'day Paddy -

Even though you can't produce to a .MOV container in PDR, you can still retain (close to) the original quality in your rushes video.

The first thing to establish is the exact properties of the recorded videos. e.g. this is one clip from a 70D
Resolution: 1920x1080
Frame rate: 29.97fps
Video bitrate: 88.9Mbps
Format: AVC H.264 High@5.1
Audio: PCM @ 1536kb/s

So to match that as closely as possible, you could customise a profile. First go to Produce & click "Intelligent SVRT". PDR will suggest a profile. It'll probably be MP4. You could apply that profile (give it a custom name) & you'll be pretty close to original quality.

The downside of MP4 is you'll lose the PCM audio. To retain that, chosee AVC H.264 - either M2TS or MKV.

Best thing to do is give it a shot and see if you're happy with it.

Cheers - Tony
Hey Bill -

There's no reason a properly made .png shouldn't be crisp & clean.

In the zip file attached, there's a bunch of basic shapes. They're outlines - 10, 20, 30, 40px. I made them yellow so the colour can be shifted easily to particular needs using Fix/Enhance.

Maybe they'd be of some use to you.

There's no way to generate these things in PDR, though your font suggestion could work... Wingdings etc. They have to be made in graphics software.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Steve -

I can't see, nor think of, any way to modify the way the video control panel pops up when you touch the mouse/track pad/screen. I guess, PDR assumes you might need them.

For now, the best option is...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jimp77 -

Your PDR15 wouldn't be a trial version, would it??? If so that would explain it.

As Hatti says, there are no compatibility issues with the full version.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Warry -

I haven't had that happen very often... maybe a few times in the last 9 years?

But I reckon the prolem might be related to the files in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\MediaCache or maybe C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\Cache\photoTmp

I generally empty those folders at least weekly. You can partly do that in Preferences > General > Auto Delete

Hopefully that might provide some help.

Cheers - Tony
There is no setting that is likely to make re-rendering unnecessary. If you click on the ? (top right) & go to "SVRT Rules", you'll see why.

I seriously doubt that adding those profiles "made it worse"! To test, just delete them & see if it miraculously gets any better! But thanks for your appreciation.

When I have a bunch of UHD clips in the timeline - all from the Sony RX10iii - all shot on the same settings - I get the same thing you showed in your screenshot. Most of the clips need re-rendering. See attached "Sony SVRT 1". After applying a suggested profile (creating a new one), they still need re-rendering... but at least there's a profile that's close to correct.

The bitrates stated when you check the SVRT info are average bitrates for each clip. That will vary depending on what you're shooting. Typically, increased action = increased bitrate. Within each clip, the bitrate varies... The first clip below was camera on tripod beside a still(ish) river. The second clip was handheld, from a moving boat, shooting a seaplane taking off (i.e. more action).

As you can see, the second clip has (a) more variance in VBR & (b) a higher average VBR.

Given that, can you blame PDR for being unable to find a profile that matches every clip in your timeline?

Cheers - Tony
Go to: