Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble with MOTION TRACKING
Steven2485 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 13, 2018 14:00 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I am having a extremely hard time getting motion tracking to be accurate and stay with the intended target. Are there any tricks or something that I am not doing? I have watched tutorials online and I have done EXACTLY what they are doing and theirs come out great and when I do it the target is lost. Has anyone run into the same issues? If so can you please help me?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steven -

Success with Motion Tracker - or how easy it is - very much depends on the content of the video you're using.

In these examples, you can see that the simpler the background & the more predictable the movement, the easier it will be. As the background gets more complex with objects crossing over & the motion is more erratic, the more difficult the task.

Simple example:

Range of examples:

I've found it works best if you select a small area of contrasting colour to track e.g. someone's head against the sky, a bright shirt etc.

Can you post a screenshot of a frame in your video with the subject highlighted?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!