Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 Enhancement Titles
Fran.m [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2018 18:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDirector comes with some built in Titles with animated effects, but it has a drawback, I cannot resize or move these Titles, I mean, resize or move a title including all its content (particles, text, animations,...), as it was another video.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
PowerDirector comes with some built in Titles with animated effects, but it has a drawback, I cannot resize or move these Titles, I mean, resize or move a title including all its content (particles, text, animations,...), as it was another video.

Take a look at Title Designer tutorials here. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Fran.m [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Take a look at Title Designer tutorials here.

Hi stevek,
I do not mean to make my own one, I mean, for example the already built "Facebook like" button in the "Social folder" that it comes with PowerDirector, I want to move it to the center, and there is not an easy way to do that because I can move the text but not the particle object animation. At least I have tried editing the Title and there is no way to do that for the particle object.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fran.m -

I understand your frustration, but didn't you believe me last time?

Those things that are called "particles" in some of the title templates are sometimes particles but often animations (like the facebook one). Either way, they can't be moved or resized in Title Designer.

The only way to do it (that I know) is to remake the particle or animation. It's a pain in the neck, but that's how it is.

e.g. Just like the facebook template you're referring to, the template called "Movie - Opening 1" has a built in animation (not actually a particle). It's stuck where it is and can only be modified by doing what I did yesterday. There are hundreds of templates just like that.

Unfortunately, we're all just PDR users. We don't make the software. Some members might come up with workarounds, but that's about all we can do in cases like this.

My usual workaround is to make PiP Objects from the animation files. That way they're more flexible for positioning and sizing.

Did you download the two templates I put on DZ for you? They solved your issue!

Here's the PiP Object - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472396

and the matching title - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176472397

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2018 18:08

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fran.m [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi ynotfish,
I understood your solution and it is great, I did not know it could be done.
The point is that PowerDirector should make it easy. For example, I had to edit a video in a short time, I am a beginner, and I wanted an easy way to move and resize a built in Title, and I did not want to to a hard job to do that.