Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion Tracker with Crop and Zoom
Steve777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2018 15:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all. Currently using PowerDirector 16 and have been pleased with the software.

However, I have been using the crop and zoom and found it quite mandraulic trying to keep a moving subject in the centre of the frame (e.g. a clip of a skier coming down a hill moving across your field of view, where the original recording does not follow the subject completely accurately). At present, I select crop and zoom, then adjust the crop box around the subject and then add numerous keyframes throughout the clip, moving the centre of the box around the subject and cropping to the desired size (you end u with a green line showing where you have moved throughout the clip, following your adjustments at each keyframe)

I then found the motion tracker and thought, brilliant, that tracks the subject automatically so just hit motion tracker then crop to the desired size with the subject now centre of frame throughout. However, there doesn’t seem to be any way to combine the two effects. After selecting motion tracker it just gives options of blurring the subject, add a highlight circle, text or PiP, all of which (IMHO) are of limited use. The motion tracker itself is great, the sub-options are limited.

Is is there anyway to combine the 2 or automatically crop / zoom box around the subject then get the software to track? I have written numerous e-mails to the Cyberlink technical team but their responses do not make any sense and their suggestions do not work.

Thanks

Steve
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve -

Mandaulic though it is, your first approach is the right one for your purposes.

Even though Motion Tracker “sounds” like it might be what you’re after, it cannot do the zoom/crop required to centre your subject.

Other users have raised the same issue. e.g. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50131.page

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2018 23:51

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!