Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to re-use a custom PiP object
AlainPoth777 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Malmedy Belgium Joined: Mar 16, 2018 06:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I've made my first PiP object, it moves and rotate a picture.
I'd like to re use the same PiP object, only changing the picture file, but i can't see how
Thanks in advance for your help.

Alain
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I'd like to re use the same PiP object, only changing the picture file, but i can't see how

Alain

Right click on the pip object and select copy key frame attributes. Right click on new image and select paste key frame attributes. The second should now work like the first. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
AlainPoth777 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Malmedy Belgium Joined: Mar 16, 2018 06:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Alain

Right click on the pip object and select copy key frame attributes. Right click on new image and select paste key frame attributes. The second should now work like the first.

Thanks fo your useful help ShadowMan
Romansoliss [Avatar]
Newbie Location: CZ Joined: Jan 22, 2018 15:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I have PD 15 Ultimate and I need advice. When working in PiP Designer, I often use "copy keyframe attributes" and "paste keyframe attributes". Mostly with lots of photos. However, only the items in "Object Settings" are copied. I would also need to copy "Shadow" and "Border" items. Is it possible, or am I doing something wrong? Could you give me an advice please? Thanks.

Roman Roman
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The key thing with copying and pasting keyframe attributes is the keyframes.

Shadows, borders etc don't have keyframes attached to them, so those attributes cannot be copied & pasted.

Another key thing is aspect ratio. If the two objects have a different aspect ratio (not size), copying & pasting keyframe attributes will result in a distorted mess.

In this packed PDR15 project, there's one image that's roughly 1:2 & another that's roughly 3:2. The first one has position & rotation keyframes set. See what happens when you try to copy/paste keyframe attributes to the second image. EEK surprised

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Romansoliss [Avatar]
Newbie Location: CZ Joined: Jan 22, 2018 15:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the quick reply. I had to think of it when "Border and" Shadow "are not a keyframe.
Is there a different solution for copying these items?
Or would you please advise some effect on the edges of the photo? Or edge blur?

I apologize for my English. I'm writing through Google translator.

Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2018 02:21

Roman