Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio/Video in sync in file, out of sync in PD14
[Post New]
This is weird.

I have about 30 MOV files, taken by a video camerman at my wedding. Each of those files plays perfectly in each of the 4 standalone video players I have tried. Audio and video are in perfect sync.

However, when I import any of these MOV files into PowerDirector 14, every file is now out of audio/video sync by many seconds.

When I insert them on the Timeline, and then Play, they are not in sync.

Before I even drop them on the Timeline, but preview-Play them while in the Media folder, audio and video are out of sync.

I have never seen this before with many, many video files in PD14.

Anyone know what's happening, and if there is a cure?

Thanks,

Clark
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Clark711!

Have you a version of Power Director earlier than Vers.14 still installed on your computer? If you have any version from PD8 to PD13(earlier purchases) and any one(or even two) of them still resides on your computer, you can use the earlier version to compare situations. Open the earlier version, import your clips(.MOV files) into it and see if the proper audio/video synchronisation is present. If so, you can effect a repair of sorts by rendering(producing) the clip into another file type, perhaps MPEG2 HQ, then take that new clip across to PD14 and see if it works properly there. If so, problem sorted.

Having an earlier version of Power Director on your computer alongside the more recent version can be quite useful in any number of ways. This situation illustrates one of those ways. It has certainly worked for me!

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
Neil,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try that tomorrow. Seems that I have PD13 on my office computer. I do have other ways to re-render the file. But, I really wonder why that would be needed, and if it indeed solves the problem, why ?

Here's one of the problem files...

https://goo.gl/photos/wxh5C9X8W56YGDfLA

But, it's 3.5 GB in size, so I doubt that anyone would want to download it.

Clark
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Sync issue in preview, right? Is likely to do with the capability of your computer to process the data while running a video editing software. Please provide a diagnostic, a screenshot and the mediainfo on the mov file.
Information requested and guides:
Part A, version data
Part B, Diagnostic.
Part E & F, Screenshot of the Edit workspace with your project insitu.
Part J, MediaInfo of the mov video clips used.
Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
The data requested should help a great deal.

Testing older versions of PDR with your video/mov would be a waste of your time in my view and not help to resolve the situation.
Dafydd
Russ umazaldo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2016 00:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Off topic but sheesh!

I just want to post a basic question on the powerdirector forum, but where the heck is the "post a new question" button/function? I see a nice "postreply" button here above, which I apparently have no other choice but to press since it's the only game in town, but nothing similar on the main forum. What gives? Is this a real forum or what?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Russ,
See the very first page of the PowerDirector 14 forum: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/152.page
Top left is the "new topic" button, go click and create a new topic/to ask a question.
See the guides: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45455.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page

Or the Previous version forum:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/87.page
Top left is the "new topic" button, go click and create a new topic/to ask a question.

Or the main Forum index to choose your forum:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list.page

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are many things that can be done to fix lip sync between the audio and video. I would have a hard time on that video clip to tell if audio leads the video and if it was constant throughout since that videographer choose to have the face of the clergyman blocked and not move the camera behind or to the side of the couple during the ceremony.

I remember a similar situation years ago where the videographer was the grooms friend and choose only to shoot the groom’s head zoomed in during the ceremony. LOL.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Neil,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try that tomorrow. Seems that I have PD13 on my office computer. I do have other ways to re-render the file. But, I really wonder why that would be needed, and if it indeed solves the problem, why ?

Here's one of the problem files...

https://goo.gl/photos/wxh5C9X8W56YGDfLA

But, it's 3.5 GB in size, so I doubt that anyone would want to download it.

Clark

Hi, Clark711!

I hope the solution may work for you. It had occurred to me that if a problem exists in one version of software for a given purpose(in this case, video editing) that could be remedied by using either an earlier version of the software, or another brand of software, if all else fails, then that may be the path to follow. The only true way to find out is "suck it and see".

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
Hello, everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I haven't done the diagnostic requested yet. But I've run some interesting tests.

Opening the file in various video editors ---

PowerDirector 14 always has a audio/video sync problem. The audio leads by several seconds.

Wondershare Filmora is very smooth, no jerkiness, with audio/video in perfect sync.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC is in audio/video sync but with noticeable jerkiness in edit/preview mode

4 video players have audio/video in sync

So, the only editor that really has a sync problem is PD14. The video is a 4K Mov file, but that should not make any difference. I've attached the MediaInfo Log file.

My PowerDirector is PowerDirector Ultimate 14.0.2302.0.

Clark
 Filename
MediaInfo1.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo for 561G0125.MOv
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)
[Post New]
And this is the DXDIAG text file.

SR number is VDE151023-03.

Incidentally, one more confusing thing.

All of the earlier information that I posted would imply that there is a problem within PD 14. It is the only application out of 7 tested that has audio/sync problems with these files.

But I did try one more thing. Since the original file is 3.4 GB, I thought I would try a much smaller version, one that could be downloaded and tested by others. So, I used SolveigMM Video Splitter to cut out the first section of that problem video. SVS does not re-render the file, which I thought would be important. It does a lossless saving of the video file.

But the small file that I created with SVS had garbled audio. What does that mean ? I have no idea. It might mean that the original MOV file has an audio problem. But, now I'm confused.

Thank you,

Clark
 Filename
Clark_DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
377 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2016 11:15

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Why do you have all those Windows update issues?

Try this - set display to 100% (you are set at 200). Uncheck hardware encoding so the program is using only software rendering.

Does that help? Note the rendering may be a little slower. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
I didn't know I had any Windows update issues. It's a fairly new Surface Book 4 under Windows 10. Maybe Windows 10 is going through many early updates ?

I do not see where to set display to 100% instead of 200%. I do not see that settting.

I did turn off Hardware encoding. Suddenly there is no audio/video sync problem. I'll play around some more, but turning off Hardware encoding seems to have solved the sync problem.

Clark