Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam v1.0
[Post New]
Can somebody please explain how I go about registering my YouCam v1.0 program to enable me to make full use of it?

The program was a "freebie" given away with ComputerActive magazine a short while ago and I have the access/registration key to anable me to 'unlock' the fully functioning 1.0 version of the program, but there is nowhere for me to to this - no link or registration box, or even a nag-screen.

The only thing there is is a screen advising me that the trial period has ended and a link to CyberLink's website to [basically] upgrade the program to v2.0! Why would I want to upgrade to v2.0 program when I cannot even get v1.0 to work?!?

I had a hell of a job trying to get access to my CyberLink account via their website, despite having requested my access details on numerous occasions and twice receiving them, only to find I could not get into my account?! Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took a number of email attempts over a two week period to gain support from CyberLink for me to be able to access my account, which I FINALLY was able to do so this morning.

This whole thing has been a nightmare and CyberLink are really no help at all - all I want to do is be able to gain full use of my YouCam v1.0 program, which has been explained to CyberLink, but who have basically just gotten back to me to let me know that they have been able to successfully gain access to my account themselves and have (AGAIN) supplied me with my log-in details.

All I want to do is be able to gain full use of my YouCam v1.0 program!!!

CyberLink support team suck and are of no help whatsoever - can anyone PLEASE help me??

Thanks in advance. Thanking you,

alba.

We are all chickens - except some of us still have our heads attached!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alba,

Sounds like to me that you should be contacting the magazine and asking them what's up.

I found this forum and looks like the Magazine people are being very helpful. Maybe it was for only a limited time that it was free...it is almost two months old.

http://forum.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1063391&tstart=0

It is a great little program...and version 2 is way better anyway.

Thanks
Dave
[Post New]
Hi daveed94 - Thanks for the reply!

You are quite right that the program was only available from ComputerActive for a limited time, but as a regular subscriber who downloads these freebie program download offers as soon as my hard copy arrives with me, I had downloaded YouCam v1.0 immediately and well within the dates stated in the mag.

I then followed the mags instructions to register the program and received the registration code from CyberLink, but I cannot find anywhere or anyhow to enter the registration code to fully activate my copy of version 1.0.

CyberLink Support have been no help whatsoever and I am left with a useless program, which has rave reviews from quite a few sections of the Internet community - though so far, you are the first person to offer any help with the link you gave. I have posted a message there to see if anyone has had the same problem and could help me, but I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving the problem within this forum, if at all possible.

Contents of the message posted at http://forum.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1063391&tstart=0 are as follows:

I was able to download this program and followed all the instructions in my ComputerActive magazine to obtain the registration key from CyberLink without any problems.

However, I have had no luck whatsoever in finding where to enter the registration code CyberLink sent me and the program's 30 day trial expired. I uninstalled and re-installed it again and tried to activate it using the code, but there is no sign of where to enter the activation code. This means that I cannot use YouCam 1.0 and I am nagged to upgrade to version 2.0 each time I start the program up! Why would I want to upgrade when I cannot activate version 1.0 to see if I like it enough to consider upgrading?!

CyberLink Support have been less than helpful when I mailed them to explain the situation and I am left with a completely useless program - irrespective of the fact that it was a freebie from ComputerActive!

Can anyone please advise on how to apply the activation code for YouCam v1.0 to get it running properly?

Thanks in advance.
Thanking you,

alba.

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alba,

To make sure I understand completely...currently what you have installed is actually the Trial version of YouCam 1.0? Is that right? And the trial version has expired so you can't use it...when you try and launch it, this is what it tells you? Asking you to upgrade? If yes...can you take a screen shot of this screen and attach to this forum?

Also, you have the activation key for version 1.0, but you aren't sure where to enter it. Is this correct too?

Let me know

Dave
neil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2008 08:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
can somebody help i cant get my key i got a mag from shop and i cant get the key to get full youcam
[Post New]
Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you daveed94, but I've not been too well.

According to the link in ComputerAct!ve issue 265 the program offered was for the "free full commercial version of CyberLink YouCam 1." (I'm sending you PM with jpeg scan of the actual page scanned from the mag.)

I followed the link that ComputerAct!ve printed and followed their instructions to install and obtain the registration key from CyberLink and this duly arrived by email within a couple of hours. But I seem to have ended up with a copy of YouCam that does not display the registration page that appears in the magazine. Instead, I get the reminder that the version has expired. See jpg images enclosed in the RAR file I uploaded to the link I PM you.

What I would like to know is how I go about getting the YouCam 1.0 program fully registered, even if it is to evaluate before I can make a conscious decision on whether or not to upgrade to YouCam 2.

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 08. 2008 19:10

Thanking you,

alba.

[Post New]
Hi daveed94,

Can you check your PM's as I couldn't get the jpegs uploaded here to the forum link.

Cheers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2008 19:09

Thanking you,

alba.

Ricardo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2008 03:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hola, NECESITO DE SU AYUDA!!!!

me acabo de dar cuenta que mi webcam dejó de funcionar. nosé el motivo, pero no puedo tener una videollamada por el chat.
si alguien tiene la solución a mi problema, le estaré agradecido completamente.
GRACIAS!!!
papiaud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 02:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
hello,
PROBLEM:
I have cyberlink youcam 1.00.1002
correction YUC070704-01 whitch is working perfectly alone
I am on vista sp1, new PC compaq presario with webcam integrated
With LiveMessenger it does not work :
when I come to tools, video camera I hane 3 possibilities
-none
-webcam-101
-cyberlink youcam
It has worked once
but now no webcam is active in WinLiveMess
if I go to tools and select webcam-101 or cyberlink Youcam, WLM blows-up saying "WLM stoped to work; a problem made WLM no to work correctly. Windows will close this program and will tell you if a solution is available" and that's all This problem last for more than 1 month.
I contacted HP and Microsoft and they are not able to give me a solution.
Have somebody a solution for this problem
Thanks
Regards