Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Eliminate splash screen?
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2008 12:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to remove/replace the PD7 splash screen?
[Post New]
You're not thinking what I'm thinking, are you, that the guy on the splash screen looks a bit of a nerdy geek?!!
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2008 12:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
a LITTLE geeky, you think? Absolutely!

Many applications (Paint Shop Pro, for instance) have a "show splashscreen" check box under Preferences.

I wish Cyberlink would offer this for PD7. On startup, it looks a lot like a teenage application - not a professional editor.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: a LITTLE geeky, you think? Absolutely!

I agree. Whomever the marketing guy is- get rid of him.

[Post New]
Does anyone remember MAD comic....?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
What, me worry?

Hey guys...there is a great work around. Just close your eyes for 5 seconds while the program loads
Deshpak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2007 00:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I think we should all start a petition to have a patch sent out to all PD7 users so that we can get that Hot! blue eyed babe back on the splash screen. Otherwise disable the damn thing. I feel like vomiting everytime I start up PD7 because I have to see this spike haired tool smiling at me for 30 seconds. Deshpak (a.k.a Thundercat98 on Livevideo)
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have a found a way to "NOT" have that cheap, irritating splash screen starting up for PowerDirector. Go here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\skin\1024x768\Common

In there, you will find a file called:

videoeditorsplash.PNG

Either rename it to "videoeditorsplash.bak" or move it to another directory with a note of where it came from.

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, and I "did" search the forum to try and find a way to disable that splash screen.

Hope this helps others.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2010 23:42

TedK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2011 08:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a found a way to "NOT" have that cheap, irritating splash screen starting up for PowerDirector. Go here:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\skin\1024x768\Common

In there, you will find a file called:

videoeditorsplash.PNG

Either rename it to "videoeditorsplash.bak" or move it to another directory with a note of where it came from.

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, and I "did" search the forum to try and find a way to disable that splash screen.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks for posting this. What I did after you stated where the file is, is saved a backup and then opened it in Photoshop and cropped it to remove the nerd. I don't mind having a splash screen because I'm running it on a spare computer that's rather old. So PowerDirector takes a while to load and with the splash screen at least I know it's loading. But I'm really happy not to be staring at that nerd.

Ted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2011 08:43

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Great answer : Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

TedK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2011 08:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Great answer :

Thanks, Neil. I though about replacing the image with one that's, um, better, but I needed to get back to getting production done. And I'm not sure I could guarantee that my wife wouldn't see the revised splash screen.

Ted

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2011 10:00