Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Questions about PowerDirector 7
okee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2008 15:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just trying out the demo version of PowerDirector 7 and just had a few
questions on things i might have overlooked, i'm used to using VS 11

When putting video in the timeline is it possible to split it and drag
one section of the video onto a PIP Track ? it doesn't seem to allow it

If I have 1 hour video and drag it into the time line and cut it into
5 pieces can i store them in the library, if so how ?

Thanks

okee
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible to split it but not drag it to the PIP window that I know of. You would have to produce the section that you want in the PIP window so that you can add the physical footage to the library. Once in the library, drag the footage to the PIP track.

You can't drag split sections of video from the timeline back to the library. The library pretty much contains physical file footage. When it's cut you simply have pointers telling it to cut and split the base footage at given locations. Again you could produce the 5 sections so that you have them as files and then import them to the library.

Jeff
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You can actually do this, you are just going about it the wrong way.

When the hour long clip is in your library, right click on it and select "Detect Scenes". Click on the Detect button and it will automatically split the video out based on the clips inside the video. You can even do it manually if you like.

Now you can then place the original video on the timeline and then you can easily place any of the detected scenes in the PiP area.

Thanks
Dave