Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
problem with creating slideshows
Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I dont know what is happening but in PWD17 I have all kinds of problems creating slideshows. normally I paste my images and then create and save a slideshow. I then open a new project, import the slideshow video and finish with titles etc.
however many of the templates just dont work. PWD17 starts to create the slideshow, gets to 54% and then goes to the screen where I can preview. Except that there is nothing to view except the music (if i havent turned it off) and now and again a picture.
the only formats that seems to work without issues are collage and scrapbook.
No such issues in previous PWD versions.
Win7 home premium, 64b, bags of memory and space. highend videocard.
anyone else have these issues?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Loe -

I'm not sure what's happening at your end, but all tha basic slideshow templates are functioning as expected here. Samples of each included below...

Haven't check all the templates tagged "Theme Designer".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Loe -

I'm not sure what's happening at your end, but all tha basic slideshow templates are functioning as expected here. Samples of each included below...

Haven't check all the templates tagged "Theme Designer".

Cheers - Tony

sure, they work but not under all circumstances.
I am getting closer to working out what the issue is. thus far I can say that if you have produced a slideshow and have incorporated thus in a project, if you then remove that slideshow and try to create a new one in it's place, only the template of the previous slideshow seems to work.i have used PWD since version 9 and know what I am doing 'at my end ' and things don't work like previous versions. however now that I know the circumstance when it doesn't, I have been able to work around it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It can be hard to figure out what's causing an issue like that. Even if you see it frequently, it can be very difficult (or even impossible) to find the steps to reliably reproduce the problem.

In cases like this, it would be really helpful if you had Screen Recorder running while you're editing. It might take 20 minutes to even see the problem, but you'd at least be able to cut out that section of video and share it so we'd see what's happening.

Also, the details from the DxDiag test (as described in the Read Me post at the top of the PD17 forum index) would be a great way to check if there are any system or driver issues present.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Loe -

Yes - a screen capture of what you're reporting would be helpful.

sure, they work but not under all circumstances.

What I'm seeing here is that they work under all circumstances, as in previous versions of PDR.

In replicating your steps I:

1. Built a slideshow using a template

2. Produced that to video format

3. Imported the produced (video) slideshow into a different project

4. Removed the produced slideshow & replaced it with individual photos

5. Used those individual photos to make a different slideshow using a template

ALL templates were available & ALL templates worked as expected. There was no need to workaround anything.

It's possible I've misunderstood the issue you're having, so a screen capture would help clarify.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!