Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looking to create/reverse a Cyberlink provided transition
BOATBLDR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2018 13:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Rank neophyte here - my apologies for any potentially gross ignorance below.

The "Grand Opening" transition (in PD17 it is located at Transitions -> Special -> Grand Opening) is perfect for my needs, only that the doors open inwards and not outwards. Being a factory provided transition it cannot be modified.

Can some kind soul tell me how to create a new one or point me to a downloadable one where the doors open outwards? Or perhaps point me to a tutorial where I can teach myself how to do it?

(I did find the tutorial on how to create transitions and using a sample image- I understand that. What I do not understand is how to create the "doors" specifically)

Thank you!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BOATBLDR -

I have no idea how to build a reverse version of the Grand Opening transition, but when you think about it it'd be a bit of a non-event anyway.

When the doors open in (as in you're walking through the doors that have opened before you), you see the shape of the doors. If the doors open out (i.e. towards the viewer), you wouldn't see the shape of the doors.

I did a mock-up of what it might look like & packed it in a project. Have a look if you like.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Tony’s work on the outward opening door should not go unnoticed. It works just great. Thank you for creating a new transition. He used still images. With slight modifications the same concept works with videos that split at the center and open outward. See the attached.

The work is in the pal format and VLC is not recognizing the anamorphic flag on this produced wmv file whereas WMP is displaying it correctly as an anamorphic video.
 Filename
Opening Transition_0.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Outward door opening transition with all videos used.
 Filesize
2404 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
178 time(s)