Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/PowerDVD_8_Ultra_Enable_HD_DVD_page1.html
Yep this happened to me on XP SP2. Very annoying Cyberlink!
I have managed to solve all my problems by replacing my Creative card with a Sweex SC003 and the C-Media Open Source drivers

Works fine in all apps including PowerDVD
I have that drive and a Radeon HD 3450 if that's any help?
Mark, your version is fine, it SHOULD work. Your PowerDVD audio settings should be set to "Use S/PDIF". Why is this? Because you need to pass-through the compressed multi-channel audio stream to your Onkyo where it will be decoded, i.e. you do NOT need PowerDVD to do any decoding. Even the basic versions of PowerDVD can do this.

S/PDIF is limited to 5.1 standard Dolby Digital and DTS, that is the best you will get with audio via HDMI from your HD2400XT. If you want HD Audio of 7.1 channels or more, then you will need to use discrete analogue cables instead.
Geert,

Is your sound set-up as here?:

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/permalink/225824/151243/ShowThread.aspx#151243

Could be the Vista audio drivers, lots of people having problems like this, including me.
Try changing your audio settings. I know this seems unlikely but I have experienced the same problem when I set to "Use SPDIF", and when I set to e.g. "2 Speaker", it plays smoothly
Geert, what sound card/chipset do you have?
marktheshark, if you haven't done so already you should update your High Definition Audio driver to "ATI HDMI Audio Device Driver R1.68" (note this is made by Realtek, but don't let that put you off). You can download it here:

ftp://61.56.86.122/pc/audio/HDMI_R168.exe

Then go into Sound applet in your Control Panel and click the "Supported Formats" tab. Make sure Dolby Digital and DTS and ticked.
I have the same drive, it works with PowerDVD Ultra Retail. Haven't tried the OEM disc. It's not perfect though, PowerDVD causes a really noisy "seek" noise as it sweeps back and forth.
Yes I can see the problem now. Other software players don't have this effect. Hope the next patch comes soon!
Apparently a lot of drives don't slow down to DVD video speeds (ie: 1x) even when they should, they stay revved up in DVD-ROM data reading mode (ie: 16x). I think the application has a lot to do with it.

You can install Nero DriveSpeed and limit the speed of DVD playback. Also, Slysoft AnyDVD HD has a speed limiter. I don't know if this will help, but you can try?
I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a X-Fi Xtreme Audio, and the spdif out to my amp works great with Windows Media Player, but like Mikhail I get no sound in PowerDVD, only 2 channel when set to anything other than S/PDIF. The S/PDIF options are greyed out.

My onboard Realtek audio is disabled. My system spec is:

PowerDVD Build: 7.3.3730.0
Video: ATI HD 3450 (Catalyst 8.2)
Audio: X-Fi Xtreme Audio Pack 1.04.0078 (4th Oct 07)

Can anyone help please?
Go to: